Thursday, June 23, 2016

November 2015

My Dad's birthday is November 1st and he had come into town to spend Halloween with my mom waiting for all the grandkids to come by trick or treating.  Since he was in town for his birthday the next day we had a birthday dinner for him over at Brandi's.
Got to love a twisted diaper!  Hehe I had to pinch that cute cheek hanging out a few times before I fixed it for her.
We had our main ultrasound on the 4th.  I was 23 weeks along.  We again decided to wait to find out if we were having a boy or a girl.  Ben kind of wanted to know this time and was trying really hard to see what it was haha!  He wasn't able to see anything for the short little bit that that area was showing though.  Since we had told the ultrasound tech that we didn't want to know she stayed away from there as much as possible.  We weren't able to see everything we needed to on babies heart, the tech had me go to the bathroom a lot sooner than usually thinking maybe my bladder was too full for baby to move.  Then also had me try a few different positions and she sat there poking my belly trying to get baby to roll over, but baby did NOT want to move!  So we ended up setting up to do an ultrasound again at my next appointment in 4 weeks.

This cute girl loves to dance!!  Just about any time music of any kind is heard by miss Timber she is dancing!  This was when she had some high heel play shoes on and was singing "Let it go" from Frozen.  I loved every minute of it!  Her singing of the song started out as just saying "Go" and has now gotten to where it's all three words just the first two kind of meld together as one.

Brandi, Kira, Mom and I went to the Time out for Women again this year.  It was in St George this year.  Brandi and Kira couldn't make it to the Friday session so it was just me and my mom.  It was quite the adventure getting there!  Mom was driving and she took and exit before the one that I would have taken, when I asked her why she got off there she said she felt it was better for traffic... I don't think so on a Friday night but I kept my mouth shut.  Then she turned down a road earlier than I would have, I thought she must know a short cut... nope!  She was just guessing cuz she didn't know where we were haha!  Then she drove right past the venue and over a brand new over pass.  I told her to just flip a U turn, but we saw at sign that said not to.  So I told her to turn into a place or take a right at the next side street then turn around and go back the way we came... she took a right, but didn't turn around!  Luckily I happened to know where we were so I was able to get us back to where we needed to be this new way she was going, but the funny thing is because of her not turning around we ended up right where we would have gotten off the freeway if she had gone to the exit I thought she should get off!  That night after I got home I text Brandi and told her she had to drive tomorrow!  Mom if you read this, I love you!!  It was very, very hard to not laugh at our little adventure!  And Brandi did drive the next day!  Kira brought Harper with us so we all got to get some snuggles in!  At lunch she was hilarious!  She kept trying to grab her toy but couldn't quite figure it out so it almost looked like she was trying to flex her muscles like when you see people with their fists down by their waists flexing, it was great!  The speakers were wonderful!  I always feel so uplifted by the Time Out!  And if I'm being honest I feel very attached to it because of what it did for me 7 years ago when Brandi made me go with her!  It helped me so much!  Hunter was 2 weeks old and I was struggling bad!  It made a huge difference for me!  I think I have posted about it before so I will spare you from retelling all the details.
This was one of the kids take home books!  Left page reads "Endangered animals need laws to protect them from hunters."  Then the "hunters" is crossed out and "poachers" written above it.  Hahaha!  I loved it!  I made sure the second Ben got home that he read it too!  So, so true!!
Of all her Halloween candy to pick she picked 2 suckers haha!  She kept going back and forth between the two, she loves suckers!!
Thumbs up dude!  This is heading to take Aspen to school.  She always gives me a thumbs up to let me know that she got buckled.  Then one day Timber started giving me thumbs up too!  I love it!!
She has become quite a belly button girl!  She quite often will be seen sucking her favorite two fingers on one hand and the other hand playing with her belly button!
She had just eaten 2 huge helpings of noddles with alfredo sauce, so that belly was very tight!!  Haha she ate quite a bit more than Hunter and Aspen!
After going out to eat one evening I was trying to hold some little hands in the parking lot, when all of a sudden we were all holding hands (except Ben) and cruising through the parking lot in train mode all giggling while we went.
Hunter lost tooth number 5!  Quite the gappy smile!  It's pretty funny watching him eat, but he doesn't let it slow him down!
A girl after my own heart!  I read books on my belly quite often!  With a preggo belly it's a bit trickier but if you just tilt slightly to the side it still works!!

Hunter's school was having a lunch with someone grand day and all of our parents work so I decided that me and the girls would go and take him some lunch from his favorite place, Taco Bell!  He was pretty excited to have us there!  Me and the girls were in the lunch room already sitting and waiting for him to come in... I kept seeing kids I knew from his grade coming in... then ones I knew were definitely in his class this year... I was trying to decide if I should pack up the food (the girls had already started eating) and go try to find him when he finally walked it!  He had been out in the hall waiting for us!  I'm glad it worked out, we had just enough time to eat with him then we went to the library to check out the book fair and let each of the kids pick out a new book!

She thoroughly enjoyed her pudding!  Notice her one crazy piggy tail, I'm betting that's the side she napped on, haha!
Isn't this how you give a baby a bottle???  Timber loves this baby doll!  It was one of the first babies Aspen ever got and when Timber fell in love with it Aspen was so sweet and just let her have it as hers.
Cute nakey body thinking she's big enough to get in the tub by herself!  Look how high that leg is!
Aspen's fingers did this too!  It was so weird!  Her fingers all peeled and I had just thought she was biting the skin around them like crazy, but then when her toes started doing this I realized it wasn't her.  Luckily it cleared up on it's own, they all peeled then were done and back to normal, so weird!  Nobody else had it happen so we have no clue what caused it.
Who knew our tiny tramp could fit the whole family!  The kids loved bouncing with Ben!

Hunter's school was having a a Thanksgiving dinner the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and they asked for donations of food for it.  I let Hunter pick what he wanted to bring, he chose rolls.  They had us sign up to help at his SEP, when he said rolls he told his teachers that his Mom makes really good rolls so that's why he wants to bring rolls.  I loved it!  Unfortunately they have you bring store bought stuff nothing homemade so I didn't get to give him the ones he wanted.  They asked to have everything turned in the Friday before so they knew what else they would need to get.  So for the next few days leading up to his Thanksgiving dinner he was SO excited!  What happened next broke my heart...  I got a call the day that he was supposed to have the Thanksgiving dinner, he had thrown a fit at school again and for his punishment he didn't get to do the Thanksgiving dinner with his class.  I cried and cried for him!  From the time I got the call until he got home and I had to suck it up I was a wreck!  He had gotten upset with his teacher and it resulted in him throwing a tantrum and throwing his shoes and socks and backpack over the fence.  His teacher thinking that it would help him chill out (after trying other things first) told him that he needed to act like a 1st grader to get to go to the dinner so he needed to stop.  Well it didn't stop and the principal ended up getting called and Hunter ended up spending the time while his class was at the dinner (it was an hour or 2 after his tantrum, so he was fully calmed down by then) in the principals office talking to him and then looking at books until it was time to go back to class.  At first I was furious at the principal!  And mad that I had donated rolls to something that my son didn't even get to go to, not that those even matter but in the frustrated moment they did, now they don't at all, but for the rest of that day they sure did!  Then when I found out it was his teacher that had said to not go to the dinner I was confused and hurt.  I think I've said before that both of his teachers are in our ward so I know them pretty well.  This teacher in particular was very helpful and supportive in trying to get Hunter the help he needs, so I was pretty frazzled.  I didn't find out that it was her saying it until later in the evening, she called and talked with me about what had happened and after a few days to cool off (thankfully it was Thanksgiving break after that) I came to think through it and I'm pretty sure that she just said it thinking that it would make him calm down, I think she felt pretty bad that he didn't end up getting to go to the dinner, but you do have to follow through with what you say, which I totally get.  But that day was horrible.  One of those want to curl up in a ball and never move again moments.  What really surprised me was how calm Hunter was when he got home.  He didn't seem bothered at all.  After I talked with him and let him know that they called me and let me know that he didn't get to go to the dinner, then he got a little sad and it did come out that he was pretty sad that he missed out.  It's so very hard watching him struggle like this.
Got to love when your 1 year old starts thinking they can do everything themselves!
The tongue helps!
After much grunting and dancing around she finally got her shirt off!  Very proud moment for her!
Family night before Thanksgiving we made a thankful tree.  Brandi said she was doing that with her family and I thought it sounded fun, so she so very kindly cut out extra leaves and got an extra roll of brown paper so that we could do it too!  All of the leaves have written on them something one of us is thankful for.  It took a bit longer to do them than expected, so we didn't actually hang them up until Tuesday.
They loved hanging them up!
Luckily I had a bunch of them ready with tape before I told them they could start hanging them because it took them all of 30 seconds to hang them all!  They would hang one and run back to get more as fast as they could!
Our thankful tree!  The kids loved going and staring at it and talking about what everybody put on their leaves.  Hunter would read them to Aspen and Timber would point at them and tell everybody which ones were hers (she of course didn't have a clue which ones where hers, so it was different ones each time.)

Timber was "helping" me make food for Thanksgiving.  I made a chocolate cream pie (my favorite), pecan pie (Ben's favorite), rolls, and a corn side dish.  It was pretty funny when we showed up at Brandi's house Kira and I had made the same corn side dish!  I guess that's what happens when we both get almost all of our recipes from the same website!  The funny thing is that even though we followed the same recipe they turned out different!  I used white corn, she used yellow, I didn't put the green onions in it since Ben doesn't like them, she put them in hers, we crumpled the bacon up in tiny pieces and she hers were much bigger pieces, so funny!!  Good thing people liked it!
The kids getting ready to play turkey tag!  For turkey tag (I think Brandi's kids made it up one year) you all have several different colored strips of fabric hooked onto yarn around your waist and at the start of the round a color gets called out and everyone runs around trying to pull the right color of each others flag, last man with his flag wins!  Timber wanted to get in on the action but kept crying whenever the kids would take her flag, of course she was a bit too little for it so I finally convinced the other kids to leave hers alone, she just thought it was fun to wear!  I think Aspen did the same thing when we played it 2 years ago, haha!!
I never seem to take many pictures of Thanksgiving, I need to get better about that!  We had a great one, hanging out with family, eating good food, it was perfect!  Aunt Jana even made Ben a whole dish of green bean casserole for himself since she remembered him eating a ton of it last time she brought it to a family get together!
Look at this girl almost in the splits!  Every time she looks at this picture she giggles and says, "Me naken!"  I LOVE how she says naked!!!

Tyler proposed to Kerry I think in September (either that or October) she is from California so Joslyn decided she really wanted to throw a bridal shower for her here, this was the only time Joslyn was getting to throw a shower so she was pretty excited to do it.  Joslyn did the games, I did the refreshments (cookies, fritos and a black bean dip, and a fruit tray), Dixie did the prizes and the drink and we had it at her house.  It was pretty small considering Kerry really doesn't know many people down here.  There was the 3 of us that threw the shower, Megan, Grandma Ewell, and a wife of one of Tyler's friends.  It was fun and we kept it short and sweet!  They are getting married in December!
Timber didn't quite get that Ben was wrestling with Hunter and Aspen!  Ben was rolling around on the floor with them and all of a sudden Timber came and laid right on him!  It definitely helped Hunter and Aspen out since he was trying not to kick Timber haha!
And another tooth gone!  Number 6!

The last day of November I hit 27 weeks!  That is a mile stone for me, my aunt had her oldest at 27 weeks and she was able to survive, so I always get excited when I get to that point knowing that my baby could come and could be OK.  Not that I am worried about it coming early and I definitely don't ever want them to come early but it's just a little piece of mind to know that they could if something crazy happened.

1 comment:

The Stevens Family said...

I can't believe how many teeth Hunter has lost! lol! And timber is growing tons! She is the cutest! I can totally relate to mom's driving. It's so funny how lost they can get. haha! The funniest part will be when we are their age and do the same thing to our kids. :-) I've had so many instances with teachers that I didn't agree with. Most of the time I end up making an incentive for Dawson at home and he forgets about it all. Or sometimes he didn't get recognized for reaching his goal and would be heartbroken, so we had to tell him that it doesn't matter and he can get something cooler at home. lol! Maybe not the best to go against the teacher, but in my mind I think they can be too extreme in punishments and then when they do a good thing it goes unnoticed. Any who, Hunter is so sweet and we love him. I'm glad he wasn't too upset when he got home.