So I sent Cason this picture a couple weeks later and told him this was my kind of dog! I definitely think she's one of the cutest dogs I've ever seen! She got this towel for Christmas. 
These are Timbers "dancing" lips! She was requesting each of us to do the lips and dance to the music! I think she was a born dancer!!
So since we were soon to become a family of 6 and both our car and truck only seat 5, we have been trying to sell our car for a few months now. The problem has been that the car is so common they are pretty easy to find and there are quite a few people selling them for less than what we owe on ours! Granted ours did have less miles, but it still doesn't look as appealing to people. We had a few people come and look at it, but nobody would offer us anything we could do. Since we were trying to sell it we were trying to keep it pretty nice, well I went to the store one afternoon after dropping Aspen off at school and as I'm checking out I heard my car alarm go off. I didn't think anything of it, it does that randomly so I just clicked my button to make it stop and finished checking out. Right as I was getting done a lady walked in and asked the cashier if she could help find out whose car that was. I said that it was mine and sorry it's alarm randomly goes off, nothing to worry about. Then she tells me that it was going off because she had hit it. Not what you want to hear of the vehicle you are trying to sell. I went out there with her and it had a nice long scratch along one half of the bumper, I took her insurance info and she left. I've decided that car was a target in parking lots! We got backed into when I was in Headstart dropping Hunter off at preschool, it was a truck and the hitch went into the license plate. We decided not to have it fixed that first time since Ben was able to just bang the license plate flat and it completely covered the dent. Then another time I was at the church and a lady in my ward came in, again I thought she was just letting me know the alarm went off, then told me she made it mad. I still didn't get it, I thought she must have bumped it as she walked past or something. Well she had backed up into it and made a dent in it. At the time we weren't trying to sell it and it wasn't super bad so we didn't want to raise their rates on insurance or anything, so we again decided not to get it fixed. Well since we were trying to get it fixed and this scratch was a lot more noticeable than the others we ended up deciding to get it fixed. When I took it in I made sure to explain that the scratch was from the accident, well the scratch was so bad that they just had to do a new bumper, which ended up fixing the other 2 dents as well! I'm weird and felt bad using the ladies insurance and getting it fixed, but it's a lot harder to sell if it looks damaged!
We ended up selling Ben's truck before the car and a couple weeks before baby arrived we bought a Sequoia. Ben had been searching for one and found a few that he wanted to look at up north. I was looking on Facebook one day, the day after the truck sold to be exact, and there happened to be a Sequoia for sale in Toquerville, it was the right price with decent miles and had been well taken care of by it's one and only owners. We ended up being able to borrow money from Ben's brother and dad, plus the money from our truck and were able to buy it the next day. Then a week later when we got our taxes back we were able to pay his brother and dad back. It worked out great! We got the vehicle we wanted for the price we wanted it for and had enough money to make it ours free and clear! It still took a few months to sell the car after that though.
Showing off her freckle finger and learning to tell you she's one all at the same time!
We had a little bit of snow, I think this was the most we got this year! Hunter was gone to school but he said he got to play in it some there. I was worried it would melt before They got dressed and ready for the day and didn't really want to get them dressed to get all wet then have to come in and change clothes, so they are in their jammies haha! Aspen had dress jammies on so I did have her put a pair of pants on at least.
Throwing a snowball!
Aspen showing Timber how to make a snowball.
So I ended up having problems with my hands going numb during this pregnancy again. That's what resulted in me getting my surgery for my swollen lymph node after I had Timber. My hands had been going numb then and Derrick thought it was a possibility that the lump was probably not helping in that matter. I was pretty bummed when it started happening with this pregnancy. I went and saw Derrick about it to see if there was anything he could do to help. He showed me some exercises to help open up my shoulders and help with circulation, they helped somewhat but not enough. The day after I saw Derrick I had my regular baby doctor visit, so I also asked him if it was normal. He said yes that can happen in pregnancy and it should go away shortly after I have the baby, and until then things like typing and small repetitive motions with the hands can cause it to be worse.... Ya typing is one of my jobs, the other is filing peoples nails, which is a small repetitive motion. Awesome. I didn't stop doing work or nails, although I did slow down on my job and made sure all my nail clients chose pretty simple designs after that. With this pregnancy it was worse than with Timbers. It would not only go numb and tingly, but would shoot pain up my arm! So I would have to pretty often stop and shake my hands out for both jobs. Luckily I only do a few friends nails, so they were very understanding and I didn't have to worry about that too often. I did end up getting even further behind in my billing work because of it though.
Funny story about my appointment with Derrick, he had a new receptionist, after she checked me in (I came a little early after lunch so Derrick wasn't back yet) we chatted. Well the fact that I was pregnant came into the conversation, then she asked if I was due about the same time as Tiffini, then she looked at my belly and said oh never mind she's not as far as you huh, isn't she like 10 weeks or so? Haha, I had no clue that Tiffini was even pregnant! And I also wasn't sure if they wanted people to know yet, so I didn't say anything to Derrick, but it was a pretty funny way to find out!! A few weeks after that at my dad's retirement party they "announced" that they were pregnant, so I didn't have long to wait for them to tell us.
So I ended up having problems with my hands going numb during this pregnancy again. That's what resulted in me getting my surgery for my swollen lymph node after I had Timber. My hands had been going numb then and Derrick thought it was a possibility that the lump was probably not helping in that matter. I was pretty bummed when it started happening with this pregnancy. I went and saw Derrick about it to see if there was anything he could do to help. He showed me some exercises to help open up my shoulders and help with circulation, they helped somewhat but not enough. The day after I saw Derrick I had my regular baby doctor visit, so I also asked him if it was normal. He said yes that can happen in pregnancy and it should go away shortly after I have the baby, and until then things like typing and small repetitive motions with the hands can cause it to be worse.... Ya typing is one of my jobs, the other is filing peoples nails, which is a small repetitive motion. Awesome. I didn't stop doing work or nails, although I did slow down on my job and made sure all my nail clients chose pretty simple designs after that. With this pregnancy it was worse than with Timbers. It would not only go numb and tingly, but would shoot pain up my arm! So I would have to pretty often stop and shake my hands out for both jobs. Luckily I only do a few friends nails, so they were very understanding and I didn't have to worry about that too often. I did end up getting even further behind in my billing work because of it though.
Funny story about my appointment with Derrick, he had a new receptionist, after she checked me in (I came a little early after lunch so Derrick wasn't back yet) we chatted. Well the fact that I was pregnant came into the conversation, then she asked if I was due about the same time as Tiffini, then she looked at my belly and said oh never mind she's not as far as you huh, isn't she like 10 weeks or so? Haha, I had no clue that Tiffini was even pregnant! And I also wasn't sure if they wanted people to know yet, so I didn't say anything to Derrick, but it was a pretty funny way to find out!! A few weeks after that at my dad's retirement party they "announced" that they were pregnant, so I didn't have long to wait for them to tell us.
Trying out sisters gloves and moms slippers!
The kids new church clothes that they got from Grandma Lisa for Christmas. All the Granddaughters got matching dresses, the two littlest Timber and Harper had matching together, we couldn't find their sizes in the older girls dresses. And all the Grandsons got new church shirts.
None of the pictures from Tyler and Kerri's wedding showed my outfit very well and since I sent a whole bunch of picture texts of just about everything that fit theirs colors that I owned to Brandi and she helped me piece together what I should wear, I figured the next time I wore it all together again I should probably send her a picture so that she knew our afternoon of texted ended up coming together! Also Talee had been having a hard time wearing her Christmas dress from grandma (she doesn't like dresses) so I thought it wouldn't hurt to send a picture of Aspen in hers, hoping that might help her want to wear it.
Timber taking pictures :)
A selfie with daddy!
The 4th weekend was Ben's Grandpa Turner's 80th birthday. The family was throwing a party for him but since I would be 2 days shy of 35 weeks for it and I was also in charge of sharing time that month I wasn't planning on going. Ben was going to go up with his parents and the kids and I would just stay home. Joslyn and Tyson were going out of town and had asked Dwayne and Dixie to watch Tayten and Aspen (their Aspen) for them. With them having those 2 to take up to the birthday party that left 1 spot in the car for Ben. Well on Friday when Jeremy was picking up the boys from Joslyn Lucas did not want to go with his dad! He really wanted to get to go with Grandma and Grandpa with Tayten and Aspen. Well since he was now going that took the seat that Ben was going to be in, so Ben said that he would just drive and could take the kids up with him. We ended up talking and decided we would just make sure we would be back on Sunday for me to still do my sharing time and we would all go up. I'm glad we did! We had a good time! The first night we got up there was stayed at Kira's house, we got there pretty late but lucked out and Harper woke up so I got to snuggle her for a few minutes before she went back to bed. Then us adults played games for a little bit before heading off to bed. Kira and Jordan had stuff going on the next day about the same time we had wanted to get up and doing stuff so it worked out great! We decided to make this the last fun hoo-rah before baby came. We searched for deals for the zoo, the aquarium and a few other places but couldn't ever find anything, so instead we went to Scheels. Haha! The kids seemed to enjoy it though!
Timber watching them on the ferris wheel.
Hunter and Aspen definitely liked their ride!
And they had a fish tank that you can walk under that the kids thought was awesome!
Then we headed over to Cabela's, we are hard pressed to go up north without a stop in at Cabela's.
Timber thinks she's helping push the cart, she loves to help! "Me do it!" is a very common phrase from her! I can't remember if I have posted about how she says Hunter and Aspen or not, so in case I haven't here it is! When she first started saying their names they were both "Ah," then when she realized we were getting confused of which one she was talking about Hunter became "Oh." I loved it! Ben would try to correct it, but I thought it was so cute! And "Oh" is pretty random, "Ah" is at least the start of Aspen's name! Then around this time she started to call Aspen "Apens" but Hunter was still "Oh!" Shortly after this though she did figure out how to say both their names right, although sometimes she would call Hunter "Oh" still but we could ask her to say "Hunter" and she could totally say it, I guess so long of calling him "Oh" took a while to break the habit!
After Cabela's we headed to an arcade where we played until it was time to go over to the church for the birthday party. I didn't get any pictures of them at the arcade, but they had a blast! The prizes the chose cracked me up! Hunter chose 4 skeleton guys, they were all pretty much the same thing. And Aspen chose all candy! Timber also got candy! As we left the arcade it was pouring rain! We just hoped it would let up before the end of the party!
After Cabela's we headed to an arcade where we played until it was time to go over to the church for the birthday party. I didn't get any pictures of them at the arcade, but they had a blast! The prizes the chose cracked me up! Hunter chose 4 skeleton guys, they were all pretty much the same thing. And Aspen chose all candy! Timber also got candy! As we left the arcade it was pouring rain! We just hoped it would let up before the end of the party!
They had a dinner, pictures, and Grandpa played his guitar for everyone, with Jenny singing. I had no clue that Grandpa played the guitar until that day! Apparently he was in a band when he was younger! Our kids were funny for the pictures, Timber had only had like a 10 minute nap in the car so she was really tired and Aspen and Hunter were being a bit shy. The only kids they really knew there were Joslyn's. Hunter and Apsen for some reason wouldn't take their coats off and Hunter kept just staring with a "duh" look on his face. Timber wouldn't smile either but she sat there so well! I was surprised, especially since she didn't know the cousins lap she was sitting in! They did a picture with just the great grandkids first, they took several trying to get all the kids looking at them and mostly smiling. Then they added in the grandkids (above.)
And finally all their kids as well. Do you love how my baby belly is right in between Grandma and Grandpa Turner's heads!! I don't think I would have placed the pregnant lady there if I had been the one taking the pictures haha!! I was very glad we ended up going, we were the only ones there out of Dixie's 6 kids! 4 of them were up at a cabin for Moxie, Cason, Jaron, Tyler and Joslyn. That's the pest control company they were all signed on to go sell for that summer. Tyson didn't end up going, and the other 3 have sold for them for the past several years. And Gavin wasn't able to come. Besides our family all but 1 of the other grandkids were there. There are only 12 grandkids total, Dixie had half of them! So it would have been a bummer if at least one of them hadn't been there! These pictures were on Dixie's Facebook page and someone that new the family was trying to guess who everyone was, they guessed that I was Dixie's daughter! I thought it was funny, Ben was just ignored in the guessing, the one that is blood related haha!
After the party was over we drove down to Codie and Rachels house to stay the night, the live in Nephi canyon so it was much closer than going back up to Kira's. It was snowing when we came out of the party and continued to snow the whole way to their house. We called Codie on our way to see how it looked at his house, we were debating whether to just stay and Grandma and Grandpas house and hope the storm passed by morning. Codie said it was fine there so we continued on, it was coming down pretty good the whole way, but nothing compared to what it was doing in the morning! I text my counselor to see if she could read over the sharing time lesson for in case we didn't make it back because of the snow. In the morning we kept waiting hoping it would slow down, finally at the latest we felt we could wait in hopes to still make it back in time for church we decided to just start driving and see what happened. Through there town it wasn't bad at all, seconds outside of their town the roads were pretty bad, so bad that we didn't even know where we could turn around to go back, so we continued down the canyon. I get really anxious and nervous driving in the snow so it was a horrible trip for me. Shortly after we got back on the freeway though it cleared up and wasn't a problem. There were 2 other times during the drive home that we hit some good snow storms but for the most part it wasn't too bad. We did get home too late to shower and make it to sacrament meeting, so we ended up just going to the 2nd two hours of church. We made it back for me to do my sharing time!
After the party was over we drove down to Codie and Rachels house to stay the night, the live in Nephi canyon so it was much closer than going back up to Kira's. It was snowing when we came out of the party and continued to snow the whole way to their house. We called Codie on our way to see how it looked at his house, we were debating whether to just stay and Grandma and Grandpas house and hope the storm passed by morning. Codie said it was fine there so we continued on, it was coming down pretty good the whole way, but nothing compared to what it was doing in the morning! I text my counselor to see if she could read over the sharing time lesson for in case we didn't make it back because of the snow. In the morning we kept waiting hoping it would slow down, finally at the latest we felt we could wait in hopes to still make it back in time for church we decided to just start driving and see what happened. Through there town it wasn't bad at all, seconds outside of their town the roads were pretty bad, so bad that we didn't even know where we could turn around to go back, so we continued down the canyon. I get really anxious and nervous driving in the snow so it was a horrible trip for me. Shortly after we got back on the freeway though it cleared up and wasn't a problem. There were 2 other times during the drive home that we hit some good snow storms but for the most part it wasn't too bad. We did get home too late to shower and make it to sacrament meeting, so we ended up just going to the 2nd two hours of church. We made it back for me to do my sharing time!
New accidental hairdo that turned out super cute! I had just meant to have the braids come together in the back, but it looked kind of crazy and I didn't want to start over so I started messing with it and this just kind of happened, haha!
Timber-loo learned a new word, bracelet! Just like her sister anything that can go on her wrist magically becomes a bracelet!
When we just had Hunter and Aspen I decided to make the kids their own kid sized aprons, they both were always wearing my 2 aprons so then I never got go wear one. I got the pattern and the fabric, got it all cut out, then I started reading the pattern to start sewing... I couldn't understand what it was trying go tell me! It was like a !!fortune!! Language! Basting?? I thought you baste food! Even with a bit of googling I couldn't quite decide what I was supposed to do, even though I know understand the non-cooking term of basting. I've never sewed from a pattern before as I'm sure you can tell. So the cut out ready to sew material got set aside. A year or two later I started doing a girls nails that after a few sets and getting to know her and feel like friends with her, I came to know that she loves to sew and pretty well always has a project. So one time after getting done with her nails, by this time Timber was a baby, I showed her the pattern and she explained it to me. Well as I said Timber was a baby which did not leave my hands free for much sewing, so again the cut ready to sew, and newly acquired knowledge of how to sew sat being forgotten. Then one time in December I got the urge to finish them! Originally I was hoping for some Christmas presents, but seeing how this is the end of a January post, that didn't happen. But I did get this one done! I came to one other stand still spot not knowing what it was talking about and the next time my mom came over she helped me to understand. Right when I got it don't Timber happened to wander in the kitchen so I tried it on her... Well it had been intended for Aspen since the material was bought before Timber was even in the works, but since I tried it on Timber she thought it was hers. So I asked Aspen if she wanted that one since it was supposed to be hers, or if she would like to pick out a different material for me to make her one out of. She decided a new material and chose a blue "Frozen" one. Now I bet you are guessing that I got right on the other two since I now knew how to do it right? Well, with my numb hands and the soon to arrive baby, Hunter and Aspen's material got set aside and forgotten again.



No comments:
Post a Comment