Friday, November 19, 2010

Baby #2

So I kept on meaning to post a picture of my baby bump on here to announce that I'm pregnant to anyone who may not know, but my computer has been so slow lately that I couldn't get it to load (I'm amazed I finally got these pics to load.) So for those of you who don't know we are expecting baby #2! So far everything has been going good, I've felt a little bit sicker than I did with Hunter (easy to beat though I only threw up twice with him) and definitely more tired since I'm also chasing Hunter around. We also had to change doctors, the one I had with Hunter is going on a mission so they gave me some recommendations for a new doctor and we started over. Pregnancy hormones didn't do so good when my doctors office told me that news, I cried and it took me several weeks to finally get over it and call the new doctors office. My doctor with Hunter was not just a baby doctor he was a family doctor too so he was mine and Hunter's doctor. The new doctor is just a pregnancy doctor, but I will still be taking the baby to my original doctors son, so at least that won't have to change too. The new doctors office has done things a little different which for those of you who know me I hate doctors, I get very panicked every time I go, so it's been frustrating but getting better. I'm almost 20 weeks so half way there, so I'm getting used to the changes finally. We had our ultrasound on Wednesday so here's what happened with that:

So we ended up taking the wrong kind of disc to our ultrasound and didn't want to pay $5 for one so we ended up just getting the pictures and then scanned them into our computer, but for some reason it wouldn't let me load the scanned pictures on here, so I had to take pictures of the pictures to get them on here so they aren't very clear sorry!
Everything went really good the baby is healthy and is measuring about 3 days further along so my due date is probably more like April 8th rather than the 11th, but she said that it was showing that way because the baby has long legs, she said that the legs were measuring a little over 20 weeks and the rest of the body was about what it should be. She said that it just means the baby will probably be tall is all and that they only worry if the legs are short. Also my placenta is in the front of my belly so she said I probably wouldn't feel the kicks as much as I did with Hunter. I have definitely noticed some differences with how it feels... and I always thought that Hunter was pretty low in my belly but this one is even lower. The whole time she was doing the ultrasound she was right at the bottom of my belly, a lot of the time below or right by my belly button, and when the baby kicks it so low that it would be pretty embarrassing to have anyone try to feel it.
I'm sure that most of you are waiting for the most important answer... are we having a boy or a girl? And the answer is.......


We decided not to find out, we probably could have seen baby wasn't shy but we decided to wait and be surprised this time. We have heard from several people that it's really fun but with Hunter we both really really wanted a boy so we figured we better find out so we wouldn't be disappointed. This time we both would rather another boy but don't care too much so we figured we would try the surprise approach and see how we like it. It's kind of exciting!

Well here are our first pics of our new little baby:


4 comments:

Ashley said...

thats so exciting! Congrats. I don't know if you know, but Alisha is expecting again too! :)

The Stevens Family said...

OH MY GOSH! I can't believe you are just posting this news and you are half way over with being pregnant!!! lol! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Taylors said...

YAY! Congrats!! I can't believe you guys are waiting... that is awesome, I wish we could wait... but I'm no good at that :) Congrats!

The Robinsons said...

We are excited for you guys! Keep us posted. You are brave for waiting to find out...I couldn't handle the surprise! Hope the next half of the pregnancy goes well for you! Miss you guys!