Monday, November 8, 2010

My funny boy

So I know it has been a way long time since I've posted... I kept on getting overwhelmed by how much we have had going on, then I finally sat down and was going to get caught up on my posting... And of course my computer is just getting too worn out and wouldn't let me load the pictures so I gave up and looked at everyone elses blogs instead. So as soon as I can figure out how to get the pictures to load on my super slow computer I will get caught up, but for know I just had to tell a funny story about Hunter:
So lately he has been imitating everything, of course, he's at that stage and it's super cute. The funniest though is that it's not always the words, a lot of the time he will imitate noises... for example I will go to him and ask him for a kiss, then I will pucker my lips and make kissing noises and he will look at me and say "No mwah, mwah." and run away. I think it is so funny that instead of coping the words he copies the sounds, tonight was the best though. He for some reason will NOT leave his night light alone. We have one in his room and one in the hallway for his chicken mom, and almost every night he will pull his out and whine and cry til we open the door, then he will bolt out of the door as fast as he can so he can trade night lights. They are the exact same... It gets really old and he has broken the outside case part on both of them to where it can fall off pretty easy, and he has also broken 2 light bulbs by trying to unscrew them he ends up pulling them out to where strings are still dangling from the night light but the bulb is hanging off the side and of course not working anymore. I have told him every single night that he needs to stop playing with them cuz he's going to get hurt, and I kind of think he may have gotten shocked one night cuz when I went in he was saying ow and pointing at the night light. He still will not leave it alone. So tonight when I go to check on him he at first tried to bolt out of the door to switch them but I blocked him (I'm getting pretty good at that) and put that one back in and got him tucked back into bed. A little while later I heard him up playing again so I went to check on him and this time he had the bulb unscrewed from the night light (not broken this time) so I found all the pieces and put it back together and got him tucked in bed again. While he's laying there he leans up looks at me and says "urp, urp, urp" and twists his fingers. At first I didn't get it then he pointed at the night light and did it again, it registered and I said "Yep, you untwisted the light bulb" he said "Uh huh" and laid down, then I again reminded him he shouldn't play with it cuz it could hurt him then left. I barely made it to the living room where Ben and I were watching TV before I busted up laughing. I thought it was SO funny! And once I got what his urp, urp meant it was actually a pretty good imitation of the sound light bulbs make when you unscrew them! What a funny boy!

2 comments:

Jaylene said...

that is too cute! :) glad you've posted again, keep em comin!

Tayanna said...

That is cute:)