Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I LOVE Holidays!

So I figured I would start out by telling a story...It's kind of embarrassing so that is why I'm starting out with...I'm hoping you will all forget about it by the time you get to the bottom of this post. It's just too funny not to remember though so I had to put it on here. Yesterday we ate cream of wheat for breakfast and Hunter gets pretty messy with it. He had been needing a hair cut for a while so I figured that worked perfect to cut it so that I wouldn't have to try to clean all the cream of wheat off him I could just throw him in the bath after we were done cutting his hair. He takes baths at night so I knew he wouldn't mind...it was a bonus bath! So I gave him a sucker to try to entertain him while I cut his hair and I told him he needed to keep it in his mouth so it wouldn't get hair on it. He did pretty good with that for the first little bit then of course took it out of his mouth and hair instantly clung to it. He kept trying to pull hair off it but since he had hair all over his hands it wasn't working, so he got mad and chucked it across the kitchen (he's been really bad about throwing lately.) I thought it was kind of funny but tried hard to keep from laughing. I washed the sucker off and had him open his mouth so I could just put it right in and reminded him to keep it in his mouth so it didn't get cucky again. I think he may have had some hair on his lips that went in with the sucker cuz it only stayed in for a few seconds this time and he only tried once to get hair off it before he threw it on the ground again! I was almost done so I just left it there til we were done and threw it away. Once I got done i took him into the bath and started the water and let him play for a min while I swept up the hair. Then I went into the bathroom, and I had told him when I started cutting his hair that when I was done we could take a shower together, so when I walked into the bathroom he looks at me and says, "Mommy tubby, shirt off. Shirt off." I of course start laughing cuz that one was too funny! So I go into my room (which is connected to the bathroom) and get undressed when I walk back into the bathroom he starts giggling and says, "Mommy naked." Yep, my 2 year old already knows that mommy looks funny naked, too bad he can't understand all those funny lines are from him! I am just starting to get 2 new stretch marks from this baby, they are really small right now and basically just connected on to the ones from Hunter. Oh well they are worth it!

So Christmas was really fun this year! Ben helped do the rounds at work so he got up at 6 and went to do those, he was expecting them to take about 2 hours at the most... They only took an hour. So when he got home at 7 he was all sorts of excited to wake us up. I was quite annoyed and said no cuz Hunter had been way ornery last year when we woke him up. So Ben agreed to wait another half hour. And of course since he had woken me up I couldn't go back to sleep so I gave up trying about 45 min later (Ben had started playing a game on his computer and lost track of time.) We went to wake Hunter up and we both got on either side of him and started saying his name...nothing. So we got a little louder...nothing. So we said "Santa came!"...nothing. So I shook his belly a little...he squinted at us and said "I seeping" and rolled over. Ben just picked him up then and asked him if he wanted to see what Santa brought, he kinda whimpered a ya. I told Ben to make him walk so that we knew he was actually awake...poor Hunter whimpered the whole way into the living room. But once he woke up a bit he had a great Christmas he was so excited everywhere we went! We started Christmas at our house, then went to Ben's parents and got to talk to his brother Jaron on his mission (coming home the beginning of February!), then went to Ben's grandparents for a little bit, then back to our house and met Ben's friend there for a few min, then loaded into the car and went to Kanab for Christmas lunch, we visited with lots of family there, and after that went to my Grandma Robinson's for a little bit then back home and to bed! It was a bit crazy and kind of rushed every where (we missed Ben's other brother Tyler's missionary call since we were in Kanab) but still a great Christmas! Our New Year's we decided to spend in Kanab since every visit lately has been very rushed. We went there Friday afternoon and stayed til Sunday night. We had a fun weekend just hanging out at the house and playing games! Holidays are so much fun! Here are some pics of all the fun:

Cream of wheat mustache! This was a few weeks ago, before he needed a haircut.


Our living room before Santa came, most of those presents are Hunters, he got spoiled!


Santa came!!

This was when he first went in the living room it took quite a bit of encouragement to get him to look at anything at first!

After he woke up he took a seat and pretty much stayed there the whole time we opened presents. Ben just kept handing him more and more, I had to encourage Ben to open his too! Hunter loves this new table and will sit and color at it pretty much every day!

Here his is lining up all his new cars...yes all those are from us and I don't think that's all of them, and he got some from family too! He LOVES cars!

Opening presents at Ben's parents. Hunter got a Zhu Zhu pet (and other stuff too) he plays with it all the time. He will even snuggle it every now and then!

All the grand kids (except Casey and Sophie, we miss you guys!) having fun opening there stockings, and later all their pillow pets. Hunter got a gorilla.

Playing with his M & M fan stocking stuffer. Now he likes to turn the fan on and lick it...so weird!

These are his PJ's from Ben's mom, the beanie and gloves are from Aunt Brandi. This was about a week are so after Christmas, I was in the bathroom and he came wandering in and had found his hat and gloves, put them on, then came and asked me to take a picture of him. I'm always up for pictures of him, but he would not smile! That's why his face is kind of fuzzy I kept telling him to say cheese and he would not, he just kept shaking his head no! What a goof, ask for your picture taken but refuse to smile!

2 comments:

The Stevens Family said...

I love reading about my life in your life! lol! Hunter and Dawson really are so much alike! I love the naked story! It will even be more funny when Hunter is in high school and reads it....lol!

The Robinsons said...

We missed you all too! Thanks for the gifts! You guys are so sweet for sending stuff up to us! (And we LOVED those nuts...they were delish!)