Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Easter and more

I think I am just destined for long posts... or maybe I should just stop waiting so long in between posts, anyways sorry here's another big one! All my pictures are backwards too, but since there are so many I wasn't going to even attempt to fix them, so here they are:


One of Hunter's favorite sayings is "Mom, what doing mom?" It was way cute at first but has gotten really old really fast, he says it probably at least 20 times a day. He will ask us anytime he gets bored, so it could have been a few seconds ago that he asked, he's the worst about it in the car. At least one of the times he asked me he did this cute pose too!!

We went to Kanab for Easter weekend, which also happened to be the weekend they moved my Grandma to the nursing home there. This was Hunter's entertainment at one of our visits.

He needed a turn to ride too! So silly!


Easter egg hunt at Ben's parents. They saved some eggs for him so he got to have a very long Easter this year. He had the egg hunt at the Kanab park on Saturday, then at my parents Easter morning, then at Ben's parents Monday night. He loved it!!

He was playing outside at my parents then all of a sudden came running screaming into the house. As far as we can tell by what he's telling us it sounds like he fell of the slide and hit his face. We aren't really sure though cuz I had looked out at him like a minute before this happened and he was already headed back to the house from the slide not screaming, so who knows. His eye got much worse looking after a few days, this was the night it happened.


His Easter egg hunt at my parents.


Finding his basket.


He found Aspen's basket first and instead of finding his, he got everything out and showed it all to her before he would go looking for his! What a sweet big brother!


Waiting for Grandma and Grandpa to get up so that he could do his egg and basket hunt, does he look excited or what!


His hands after dyeing eggs. He didn't want a picture, he just wanted to wash his hands!


Cheese! I found a really cool dye set this year, it was little rollers and a paint tray, so we had the regular dye and would also roll on other colors with the rollers. He has one in his hand, he thought that was pretty fun.


The whole crew dyeing eggs. Grandma and Grandpa Crosby just came over to say Hi, they had perfect timing we had just started dyeing the eggs. Grandpa though Hunter was so funny, he just kept laughing the whole time! And thank goodness for Grandma, Aspen of course decided she needed in on the action and all of our hands were already covered in dye!


Dyeing the eggs before using the rollers.


All his eggs that he got at Kanab's Easter egg hunt! I didn't realize that he had done so good until we were leaving and heard a couple kids say they only got 1 or 2. It kind of made me feel bad. The day before the egg hunt I had told Ben that I didn't know if Hunter would even know what to do, so apparently when he was trying to get him to sleep and during breakfast in the morning he was getting him all prepped for it.... He told him to go get all the eggs he could find, not to stop, and even if another kid was going to grab the egg to still go get it faster, and Hunter totally listened! I was so embarrassed cuz I was in there with him trying to get him to leave some of the eggs there for the other kids and he's grabbing them and running to the next, now I know why! (Ben was proud.)


Grandpa and Dad watching from outside the tennis courts.


Showing me his basket and eggs, it was SO cold!


Waiting outside the door to go in the tennis courts for the egg hunt. He was second in line and there was an egg right inside the door that he kept telling us was his egg and we kept reminding him he couldn't take it yet. Well when they finally said go some of the older kids started rushing up to the softball fields right by the tennis courts for their hunt and Hunter started following them! So he ended up being one of the last ones in because of it and another kid was already picking up "his" egg by the time he turned back around. I was very proud he didn't yell at him or anything just moved on to find another egg (I guess this was part of Ben's advise to, if someone got an egg to hurry to the next one!)


Hunter "helped" me change the battery in my scale a few weeks ago and all of a sudden decided it needed to be changed again. So he went and found a battery and brought it in to the bathroom, when we told him no to go put it back he got distracted by the movie we had on. We were all watching it and all of a sudden he kind of whimpered and said "Ow, this hurts!" I knew exactly what had happened and could not stop laughing to tell Ben what was going on! Ben tried to get him to put his tongue on the battery again and the smart boy wouldn't!


Aspen's first bath, she didn't love it. She likes it a lot more know, and I must say she looks quite a bit bigger than this already!


Hunter loves his sister and we love these two cute kids!!

1 comment:

Tigger said...

Wow, she is getting so big! Looks like your family, Hunter especially, had a fun-filled Easter.