It's a Girl!!
First things first, I'm sure you all have either heard or guessed that we had our baby. We ended up having Aspen Malee (pronounced m-a-lee or M'lee) on April 1st. It took us forever to pick her middle name, but finally came up with that cuz my initials are MLE so it's that just spelled out. At my 37 week check up everything was pretty much the same... so my doctor decided it would be better for her to stay in there for a while longer. When he said that me and Ben looked at each other with "you've got to be kidding" looks on our faces. And on the drive home I did even cry a little (just a few tears), I couldn't help it. I set up my 38 week appointment for the 29th and figured even if he ended up telling us we could be started since it was that close to April I was going to wait a couple more days and get my April birthday that I wanted. I didn't want her to be born on April Fool's so I decided we would have her on Monday April 4th cuz I figured they probably wouldn't start me over the weekend. After another week of bed rest I came to my senses and listened to Ben's telling me to have her on April 1st. That would get me my April birthday, Ben wouldn't have to take off as much time since it was on a Friday, and it was conference weekend so we would have just been sitting around anyways! On our 38 week check up our doctor looked at us and said so are you ready to be started (duh!!!) we told him our plans and he got us set up to be induced on Friday!
Friday came and at 6:00 a.m. we got called in to the hospital. Once my mom got her to be with Hunter we headed right over. They got me all hooked up and started the pitocin at about 8:00 a.m. (so far pretty much exactly like how it happened with Hunter) I already knew that I was probably going to get the epidural cuz I had a mole that he said he would remove after I had the baby if I wanted. With Hunter I was terrified of the epidural so I was in labor for 10 hours before I finally got it, with Aspen since I knew I was getting it I got it a lot sooner. I still waited a while cuz with Hunter since I was that far along and in that much pain I didn't feel a thing and then I was still able to kind of move my legs since I only had it for 2 hours, it was great! Not the case this time. I gave in after about 5-6 hours and decided to get it. It killed!!! The numbing that he did before starting the epidural didn't hit the right spot or something cuz I could feel it, and since I'm so short he was having a hard time finding the right spot so he was moving the needle all around in my back. Since I could feel the pain and he wasn't finding the spot he took it out, did another shot of numbing stuff and started again, I could still feel it but not anywhere near like the first try. Then we didn't have her until 6:30 so I had the epidural for a lot longer so I couldn't move my legs at all. And it took several hours to wear off, last time was only about an hour before I was back to normal. So I didn't love the epidural this time, definitely nice not to have the pain of the contractions, but I will for sure wait longer next time so hopefully it can be more like it was with Hunter.
Another thing that was different with Aspen was the after birth cramps, wow!! I didn't have those at all with Hunter and I kept thinking the nurses were being so weird for asking if I needed medicine for pain, now I know why!
With Hunter I felt pretty crappy after having him and it took about a week before I felt like I could move normal. I had an episiotomy with him, but didn't need it with Aspen, so I felt great! I walked out of the hospital, no wheelchair for me! So all in all I would take Hunter's labor and delivery and Aspen's recovery, funny how different it can be!
New Computer!
Last Saturday I was trying to get on our home computer to work (I had borrowed my mom's laptop while I was on bed rest) and we found that it had a ton of virus's on it.... So we got us a new computer! We have been wanting and needing one for a while but I just couldn't justify it when I could use our old one. This has been well worth it! It is a lot faster so I am able to get more work done! I love it!!
Trail Blazer!
The day before we had Aspen we sold our Jeep. So we were down to our 2 door Toyota Celica... Not so fun with 2 car seats. Also Aspen's car seat is bigger than Hunter's was so my seat didn't fully lock into place with her in there. We made it work though. We had been looking for a new SUV for probably a few months and last Saturday (the first thing Ben did with our new computer was get on KSL to look for a vehicle) we saw an awesome deal and it was even in St. George instead of Salt Lake, we thought it was too good to be true! We couldn't get ahold of the guy selling it at first so we thought he had for sure already sold it, then he finally e-mailed back and said that he would try to call us the next day so we could come test drive it! So Sunday afternoon we borrowed Ben's parents car (We managed to pop our tire on our car when Ben was coming home from his meetings to get me and the kids for church, so Monday we had to get a new tire too, that wasn't a fun new like the rest of our new things) and headed to St. George. It was perfect! I have to be honest, I'm in love with it!!! We finally got everything worked out for a loan and we got to pick up our new Trail Blazer on Thursday! I have to say Paul and Jaylene you guys have excellent taste in vehicles!
Lots of Leaks
This story is too funny not to share. A few days ago Hunter had woken in the middle of the night and ended up in our bed. After Ben went to work he snuggled next to me instead... Next thing I new I was wet. He had leaked through his diaper and it was getting all over me! I got him changed into dry diaper and dry PJ's, then Aspen woke up ready to eat. I sat down to nurse her (I was out and ready) and realized she had done the same thing!! So I just set her down on got her changed and everything. Well remember how I said I was out and ready... After I got her dressed I realized my lap was all wet too, I had leaked milk all over myself! After I got her fed me and Hunter went and had breakfast even though it was way earlier than usual since changing him fully woke him up. After breakfast me and him went to take a shower, he was in the bathroom taking his clothes off while I was getting us clean clothes. Then I hear him say look mom I peed, we always have him try to go to the bathroom before he takes his bath so I thought that's what he did. Nope, he had peed on the bathroom rug! He's never done that before, so I was quite shocked! We had lots of laundry that day!!
Now the moment I'm sure you have all been waiting for.... Pictures of our cute little girl!
Aspen Malee Ewell 6 lbs 11 oz 19 inches long
Her first bath at the hospital
Ready to go home!
Her first ride in the car
Hunter getting to meet his new sister for the first time.
Taking a nap with Dad
This is what I found when I got out of the shower, and no Hunter didn't do it.
She loves her hands by her head
And that cute big brother that we love!

3 comments:
So cute, I love it! Can't wait to see you guys again, and so glad that you love your trail blazer, we love ours too!! I love that pic of Hunter at the end, such a cutie :)
She is gorgeous!! Aren't girls so much fun?!
I can't believe all the new things you guys have experienced in such little time! By the way- I LOVE her name! I don't know if you knew this, but my name is Jenny M'lee :-) I love my name and I don't know a single person with that middle name- now I do! So good job! She is absolutely adorable! She is so tiny in the pictures! Is Hunter loving having a baby sister? Congrats on the baby! the computer! the new car (amazing choice by the way)! I hope you all are doing good!
By the way- I love the leak story! haha! Those are good days when milk is just like a fountain! haha!
Post a Comment