It is so crazy how fast a year can go by! Little miss Aspen turned 1 on April 1st. Ya it took me a while to post this, her birthday was followed by sick kiddos, a long Easter weekend and a new game that I'm addicted to. Yes addicted. It's called Color Cross. Don't buy it. I seriously dream about it. Not kidding. It's kind of a cross between sudoku and a cross word puzzle. It shows a color at a time with the number of how many boxes should be filled in with that color and once you figure out what color to fill all the boxes with it ends up being a picture. I have played it for at least an hour if not more every day since I opened it. The other night I started playing it right after I put the kids to bed and didn't stop til Ben informed me I should go to bed, I thought he was just being "helpful" until he told me it was 1 o'clock. That's 4 hours of playing the stupid game! Anyways back to Aspens birthday. Oh and just to warn you I had a hard time narrowing down the pics so there are a ton of them.
It was over conference weekend so we got to just sit around all day. I had been busy cleaning my house most of Saturday so forgot I hadn't even wrapped her presents yet!
So Sunday morning me and Hunter went in and got her presents and balloons ready for the birthday girl while her and daddy played on the bed.
Hunter was so excited he could hardly stand it!
I thought this was so cute. Both of them just checking out the presents.
Hm. What do I do with that?
She got the hang of it pretty fast. If she hadn't Hunter was dying to try to open them himself, even though he had just seen and helped wrap all of them :)
I love the arm clear out after ripping the paper off. And gotta love the milk down her jammies, she hasn't quite mastered drinking out of her cereal bowl.
I just thought her smile was so cute in this. Oh and you gotta love the hair in this. Hunter had thrown up at my mom's the night before so we thought there was a good chance he would end up throwing up in the night so figured there was no point in doing their baths since we would have to in the morning anyways. Luckily he didn't throw up again!
Checking out her new Belle doll.
I think Hunter looks so cute in the background. Aspen absolutely loves the ladybug she is holding. I had never heard of them before, it's a Happy Napper. When you push it's belly it sings a Happy Napper song. At first I thought it was a really dumb song but it is very catching and we all know it by heart now! Aspen will drop anything she has and come crawling over as fast as she can when she hears the song. And she usually will grab it and start dancing to the song. The other day I was walking through the house and started singing the song then Hunter piped in with the next line, we went back and forth like that for the first few lines of the song. Haha. I also found the big version of it on Amazon for $5, so I got her and Hunter (a dog one for him) the big ones for Christmas. I know it's way early but it said they are normally $25 so even with the shipping it was a killer deal.
She finally figured out to hold onto the handles. It took her a few days but now she totally knows how to scoot along on it. She hasn't figured out how to turn yet but she can go back and forth.
And Hunter likes to push her (that is when we make him get off it so she can ride it) he does get a little crazy and has tipped her off it a couple times so I have to really watch him when he pushes her.
She also tipped it over her first day! It scared her to death!
Here's our cute birthday girl in her new dress fresh out of the bath.
Lucas was a much calmer pusher.
I had to use so much dye to make her cake the right colors. I thought the frosting tasted so gross because of all the dye but didn't find out til I was eating my piece of cake, and that wasn't til everyone else was already eating theirs. Sorry you guys!
She was not moving! She just sat there and looked at it. I had even practiced blowing with her before hand and she can blow but she would not try.
Finally Ben got some frosting on his finger and put it in her mouth. Our sassy girl jerked her head away!
This is how she ended up eating her cake and ice cream. Haha. What a nice Grandpa!
She stayed pretty clean since she had Grandpa feed it to her!
I think Grandpa might have gotten messier! And there is the proof that there was way too much dye! Nobody wanted the black head, my Dad ended up taking it, I guess the rest of them new it would be to messy. At least red can kind of be a natural lip color :)
Opening presents from the family. This cute bat and ball were from Jaylene and family.
And lots of new clothes from Grandma! She definitely got spoiled!
And she now has 8 teeth! Just a couple days after I did the last post the other two broke through. I think they may have been a day or 2 apart but not by much.
We had her 1 year check up on the 3rd and she was in the 17% for height and the 4% for weight! She's tiny!! She must have her dad's genes, cuz she is a pretty good little eater! It worked out good that she had her appointment, she had been running a fever ever since the night of her birthday. The doctor gave me a prescription but told me to kind of watch her and just fill it if she didn't seem like she was getting better. That night she was hysterical! It was so sad! I rushed out and got the prescription filled and the next day she was seeming a little better, but she still really struggled the next 2 nights. So when Thursday came around and I didn't feel very good and she had still had a rough night I was really nervous about leaving that night to go camping for the Easter weekend. I kept trying to convince Ben that we shouldn't go til then next day, he just kept ignoring me and getting things ready. He was really nice about it though, he never once complained about the fact that he had wanted to leave at 2 or 3 when he got off work and we didn't end up leaving til like 6 because of me, he just kept trying to do as much of it as he could. Really all I packed was mine and the kids clothes. And it turned out great. Aspen slept solid all 3 nights we were there, Hunter woke up the first 2 with leg cramps but after we gave him some Tylenol and rubbed his legs he went right back to sleep. I felt a lot better the next day too, just a bit stuffy. The next post will have lots of fun Easter pictures! We had a blast!


2 comments:
Looks like so much fun! Suzy had a ladybug themed party too! But her mom wasn't cool enough to make her a ladybug cake like yours! But Suzy got that same yellow shirt! It's time to get them together again!
So cute, I cant believe she is one! Love all the pictures!!!
Post a Comment