Monday, April 30, 2012

Easter Eggs

We dyed our Easter eggs the day after Aspen's birthday, and even though she hadn't been feeling very good she loved it!  Hunter had been struggling with allergies so he looks pretty sad, from his nose to his lips was all red from wiping his runny nose.  We bought a pack of dye that had the regular 5 or 6 colors (I can't remember how many) and it also came with a bonus 3 neon colors.  When I opened it we had actually ended up with 2 packs of the bonus colors, so we had tons of colors!!  Two of the colors in the neon ones were the same so I mixed 1 of each in water and 1 of each in vinegar so they were slightly different.


I love their first time dying eggs!  This is technically Aspen's second but her first she was like 2 or 3 weeks old, so couldn't do anything.


Hunter loves to dye eggs!  He has a blast every year!


So excited!


Love this smile :)  And that piece of hair goes across her forehead all the time, so weird.


Handsome boys.


Inspecting the cracks she caused in her egg.



I had her try some of the yolk and she hurried and spit it out and tried to wipe it out of her mouth, haha. Then I gave some to Hunter and he didn't ever stop dying eggs, it was like he didn't even know I put it in his mouth.


Hunter with all his cups, he wanted an egg in every single one.


Ben drew pictures on all of the eggs, this was his bow.


I just loved this pic.


I don't think there was even an egg in this, she just liked playing in the dye.

The finished eggs, Hunter dropped one so we gave it to Aspen to play with, so that's why there are 2 missing.

No comments: