Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Special B-Day

This year I turned 26 on the 26th!  My special birthday :)  Funny thing is it was also Aspen's special birthday this year and Hunter's last birthday was his special one.  Crazy that they were all right there by each other!  Well about a month ago I got trip hungry and started planning on going to Hawaii or a cruise or something, anything!  Well then I finally calmed down and picked something in our price range :)  We decided to do the trip for my birthday, just me and Ben.  It was so nice to get away!  We got season passes to Six Flags in California, they had a deal that you bought a season pass for the same price as a day pass, and if you bought 4 season passes you got to get into Hurricane Harbor (the water park next door to Six Flags) for free.  We have talked for years about going back to both of those, we went shortly after we got married with another couple.  They ended up getting Season Passes too so when we go back with them this summer we will go to both parks!  I also found an awesome price on a hotel, and ended up finding flight tickets that made it cheaper for us to fly!
Ben actually ended up getting sick after the second ride.  We had brought Dramamine with us since he had gotten sick the last time too.  After waiting around for it to work we tried a third ride and it did not do so well for him.  He was white as a ghost and sweating like crazy.  I felt so bad for him!  After the 3rd ride Ben laid on my lap for a while but still just couldn't shake the nauseous feeling.  It was kind of a bummer since most of the rides waits were only about 5 min.  Oh well.  We are going back soon anyways, and will be trying a different kind of medicine next time.  His sickness didn't go away until like 9:30 that night, we just ended up going back to our hotel and taking naps.  Because of the sickness and our getting into town so late the night before we didn't even end up eating anywhere nice.  We had fast food and soup from the grocery store, haha.
The next day we got up and went down to the pool, which was closed so we sat in the jacuzzi for a little bit then packed up and headed to a movie before our flight.  We saw The Lucky One.  I loved it!  And I'm way surprised that Ben came to it with me.  He actually didn't mind it, and if you know Ben for him to say that about a chick flick is HUGE!!  After the movie we dropped off our rental car and shortly after flew home.  It was way nice to get away for a couple days.  We haven't gone on a trip just the 2 of us in a long time.  Hopefully we can do it more often.  And I am so thankful for my mom and sister who took such good care of our kids while we were away.  I was pretty nervous about Aspen since she had only been done nursing for like a week and a half, maybe 2 weeks, but still not very long.  They said they both did really good though so I'm so glad!
With a season pass at Six Flags they let you buy a zip drive that they will download all your pictures from the rides for free, and the best part is you can use it every time you go and not have to buy another.  We always like to buy at least one picture just for the memories so this was awesome to get to get all of them for a way better deal!  So here are our pics from the 3 rides:


This one cracks me up, I look so funny.  And Ben looks like he's advertising the X2 name :)


This was the ride that affected Ben the most, I think you can tell by his face.

I'm ready to go back!  I love rides!

1 comment:

Jaylene said...

Oh man, thats a bummer that he got sick so fast!! :( But still, its ALWAYS good to get away without kiddos! I love the pictures :)