Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Cute Stories

I know it's been forever and I have tons to post... but for now I have a couple stories I wanted to share, they were just too cute so I couldn't risk forgetting them :)  First was last week, we went to the Doctor, the kids had been sick for a while and with the Flu bug and Hunter's long history of ear infections I thought it best to check him out.  It ended up that he just had a cold but also had tons of ear wax, so much that they couldn't see anything but was in his ears!  So they decided to clean them out, they use a squirt bottle with a tube like thing attached to it, then they have a cup thing that has to be held under his ear to catch all the water as it comes back out.  The nurse asked if he wanted to hold the cup thing or if he wanted me to hold it.  He grabbed it and sat there so good!  It was pretty gross seeing all the stuff coming out of his ears!  After they got them cleaned out the Doctor checked them out again and said they were a little swollen so might be on the verge of an infection, so we got some drops for that.  Aspen also needed to get her shots... They had me lay her on the bed and then they had 2 nurses doing them at that same time since she needed 4.  I was holding her hands, and she was sucking on a sucker (the kids had them from Hunter's check up) when the did the first shots she yelled "Hey!!!" then started screaming.  Her sucker never left her mouth!  I couldn't help but laugh at her "Hey" it was so funny!!!  The nurses thought it was pretty funny too.  Luckily because of her sucker she calmed down pretty fast.  They are both pretty much better now, we are done with Hunter's drops and neither of them have the yucky runny noses any more yay!!

The other story happened last night.  Me and the kids had cream of wheat and toast for dinner (Ben was at scouts) Hunter ate really well, all of his cream of wheat and 1 and a half slices of toast (he wanted a full second one but was nice and shared the last toast with Aspen.)  We had strawberries and cream that we were planning on eating but I told the kids we had to wait til dad got home.  It wasn't a very long wait so I know Hunter had to be pretty full, but Ben didn't want very many strawberries so me and Hunter ended up with full bowls of them.  When Hunter was getting close to done I poked his belly and commented on how full it felt, he said, "Ya! It's Hurting!!"  I told him he didn't have to finish them but he wanted to!  Then when he was done he told me we needed to go buy more!!  Haha!!  His tummy was SO tight!!

1 comment:

The Stevens Family said...

Misty I think it's officially time for an update. lol! I can't stalk you very good if I don't know everything in you life. lol! miss you guys!