Thursday, October 8, 2015

July 2014

July always tends to be busy for us.  Busy but always full of fun!  For the 4th of July we did our annual trip to the cabin in Delta:
Aspen and Lucas playing in the sand.  One nice thing about having a daughter afraid of the water is that you don't have to worry about her venturing much further in than this!
The kids had a blast with the tube hooked to the dock!  They kept jumping from the dock onto the tube and then pulled each other around on it.
Ben and Hunter lounging.
I love how curly the water makes her hair!  Notice me not in a swimsuit??  Miss Timber wouldn't nap for more than 10-15 min this trip unless I held her!  So I don't think I ended up going in the water even once!  People offered to hold her while I went on the boat, but I'm not a huge fan of the boat anyways, and she was being a stinker for anyone but me, so it was just better that way.
Grandpa and that cute little stinker.
Aspen's swimsuit would not stay on her shoulders!  Thank goodness she had a life jacket on to keep covered up!
All that water waiting to be played in and of course if Grandma was playing a game on her phone all the older kids had a tendency to gather.
I think she was bit worn out, don't ya think?!  It took her a few minutes tops to fall asleep like this!  Megan had no clue she was asleep since she fell asleep so fast!  Aspen was Megan's little buddy this trip, she was a huge fan of Aunt Megan!
She just loves the sand!
I love his wind blown hair from a boat ride!
This is how we found Logan when we came in the cabin one morning!  All we could see were his lips!
Waiting for the parade to start!
All that time not napping at the cabin caught up to her in the stroller!
I love this cute face!!
Here it comes!!


Did you notice Aspen's plugged ears in the above 3 pictures?  She was not loving the volume of the parade, especially not the firetrucks!
After the parade we headed to the park for lunch and the activities there.
I would say that's a pretty proud brother!
I love these three!
Bounce house time!
This was the only bounce house Aspen would do!  She waited in line with Hunter for a couple, then when they finally got to the front of the line she wouldn't do it!  So finally I had her take me to the one she wanted to do, and she was happy as can be with just this one bounce house!
We let Hunter and Aspen get a balloon at one of the booths.
Isn't Aspens ladybug bracelet so cute!!  Hunter unfortunately popped his pretty quickly after he got it, doing exactly what we told him not to do or he was going to pop it.  He was very upset and wanted a new one, but there was no way we were going to stand in that line again!  We had to wait about a half hour to get them!

After the festivities we headed back to the cabin and packed up all our stuff.  We then went to the derby as usual and had a great time.  There was one point that I needed to go change Timber's diaper and I asked Ben if he would carry her down the bleachers for me, good thing I did, because 2 steps down from our seat I slipped and fell!  My shoes has dirt on them and slipped right out from under me!  I just landed hard on my bum, so not a big deal, really was more embarrassing than anything, but can you imagine if I had been holding Timber!  So glad Ben had her!!  We left the derby before it ended, probably 9ish, went to Lotsa Motsa got a pizza (we had fed the kids before we went to the derby, but getting Lotsa Motsa pizza after the derby for the adults has become a tradition), then got our kiddos in their jammies and had them go to the bathroom and headed to Kanab.  Karter was getting baptized in Kanab the next day so we decided to travel through the night so that we could still do our 4th of July tradition and still go to the baptism too.  I think we got there around 1 or 2 in the morning, so not too bad.  And we lucked out and our kids slept almost the entire way!  Timber did sleep the entire way and she was the one we figured would for sure wake up to nurse!  Our kids have never done great with sleeping in the car for very long, and sure enough Aspen woke up hysterical, but since Timber was still sleeping we kept driving while we tried to talk to her and calm her down, which luckily she did end up calming down and going back to sleep!  We found out the next day that after we had left the derby one of the officials on the side lines ended up getting hit by a car and dying!  So sad!  And I am very glad that this was the year we chose to leave early, I can't imagine being there and having our kids see that!  From the news feeds it was the opposite end we were at so I'm sure we wouldn't have been able to see much, but still I'm glad we weren't there!
Kanab was fun and full of cousins!!  After the baptism we got rained on pretty hard!  All the grandkids stripped down and played in the stream that always happens in front of my parents on a rainy day!
All those boys!!  It was so fun getting to watch my kids having fun doing the same thing I always did when it rained as a kid!
The cute littlest ones, besides Jack and Timber who were too little to join in.
Here's the whole muddy crew!
And any muddy day isn't complete without my dad getting the house to spray you off before you can go back in the house!
After we got our mud monsters cleaned up we headed to my 10 year class reunion.  They had had a breakfast in the morning with only adults, but there was no way we were going to wake up early enough to go to that after arriving so late!  So we just went to the evening dessert/meet the kids part.  It was pretty small and I felt a bit awkward, there weren't many people at it that I have stayed in contact with, and the few that I have it's not really in contact with them, it's more or less I read their blog.  Haha!  The few that I actually still talk to didn't end up going.  It was still good to see them though!
 
We lucked out in the fireworks department!  Since we left the derby early we missed the Delta fireworks, but Kanab's fireworks had gotten rained out, so we got to watch their fireworks later that night!
Aspen and Dace decided to walk home from church with Grandpa the next day.  It was too cute not to get a picture of them coming home!
This was the first time I ever put a hair thing in Timber's hair, I didn't think it would work very well, I was just curious if it would even hold!  It looks nice and crazy when your not actually trying to do it, haha!
Got to love the things they want me to take pictures of!  I do love how he can be so neat and organized, I just wish he was that way without the prospect of getting his picture taken!

Isn't she the cutest flower you have ever seen!!
She was going through a phase of making spit bubbles with her tongue, if you look close she has a white bubble mustache!  Silly girl!
I clearly need to dust my keyboard occasionally!  But I had to take a picture of this and send it to my co-worker, if you look at the function keys you can totally tell which keys I use for work!  I did dust it after this picture, I just thought it was pretty funny that you can tell exactly which ones I use!
It always amazes me how much babies can move in there sleep when they can't hardly move when they are awake!
For the 24th of July we went to the town festivities.  Aspen loved her crown!
Hunter got him some flames painted on his cheek.  Also, Hunter loved riding in the parade again this year.  Since me and my counselors were in charge of the float this year we just had them ride in the back off a truck and they were dressed up as pioneers of future and past (that was the parade theme.)  We had the junior primary dressed as pioneers of the past, and the senior were of the future, we had some dressed as missionaries, pharmacists, etc.  The other leaders and I walked along side the truck and helped the kids throw their candy out.  I wore my work scrubs to be a nurse. Me and Hunter changed right after the parade so we wouldn't roast in the hot day!
After the festivities at the park we went back to Ben's parents to swim in their pool.  Timber fell asleep pretty quick after I got in with her, who knew cold pool water would be that soothing!
I love that Ben got this picture of Dwayne dropping Dixie into the water!!
Were you wondering where miss Aspen was?  Yep this is about what she does at their pool, she will put the life jacket on and climb the ladder and dip her toes, then if anyone tries to get her to get in the water with them she will hurry and get down and stay away from the pool!  Too bad she doesn't have the sand of Delta here!
We had a small gathering for brownies and Great Grandma Ewell's homemade vanilla ice cream for Ben's 32nd birthday.
I just thought this picture was funny, Ben asked me to take a picture of these containers to send to someone, Aspen just happened to be down by them and I couldn't help but laugh!  She has a ring pop in her mouth and it totally looks like she has a binki!

I loved how she had wiggled and gotten her head close enough to the bars to have a little curl peaking out of the crib!  I love sleeping babies, they are so cute!

1 comment:

The Stevens Family said...

After reading this I realized we never took pics of us with you guys at the reservoir. :-( I suck at that. It was fun to see you guys. Happy Birthday to ben, the old fart. I can't believe he is 32! lol Oh hey, don't make up things... we know it was a pinkie not a ring pop. ;-) jk!