He got to bring a poster about him and also brought some oreos to share with his class.
Then as soon as dad got home from work he opened his presents from us.
He loves legos!
And really wanted a new scooter! He got a scooter last year too, but it had 4 wheels and they made it hard to ride, so he was really wanting a 2 wheel scooter this year!
Hunter requested a Mater cake this year.
I realized too late that he would have looked better higher off the ground, but Hunter was still happy with him, so that's what really matters!
My mom decided to assemble the scrap pieces of cake, frosting and fondant into her own creation.
We had a pizza/movie picnic, then just as we were finishing is when grandparents showed up for more presents and cake!
Hunter wanted to put the candles in, I think Mater looks great with his candle hair!
Blow hard!!
Then he realized it would be much easier a little closer! 6 years sure goes by fast!
Hunter had wanted a friend party last year and I just really was not feeling up to it (I was pregnant and I'm not a huge fan of parties, I never was as a kid either) so we made the rule that they have to be in kindergarten for their first friend party. So this was finally the year he would get his first friend party! This was how my kitchen looked after getting everything ready for his party!
I completely failed at taking pictures and these are the only ones I got! We went to the splash pad, had a pinata, presents, lots of treats and mostly just playing! I made up the invitations and he mostly invited cousins and neighbor kids, then on the day of his party I got a text from a mom asking the details of the party. Turns out he invited his friend on the bus! Luckily I know him, he was actually one of the kids in his preschool co-op group and they happened to be in the same kindergarten class and had become re-acquainted. I felt bad that that was how he was invited though haha! I had extra invitations that we could have handed out, Hunter just never told me any other kids! It sounded like Hunter ended up inviting several kids on the bus, just this is the only one that ended up coming from his verbal invite haha!
This is the left over treats, the stoplights were rice krispie treats with M&M's for the lights, caution cone bugles, car shaped suckers, Oreo spare tires, and the fuel station was a cooler full of water bottles. Like I said I was never a fan of parties, so I went more for the treat side of things rather than games, of course I realized later that the kids were probably too young to care about what the treats symbolized, but most of the moms stayed and hung out and they love them haha!! Hunter seemed like he had a blast, which I'm glad since the pinata was the only game type thing we did!
Hunter got to go hunting with Ben this year, and we discovered that he gets some pretty bad allergies out hunting! His poor eyes were so red and poofy when they got home!
Aspen was not happy that we made her get on Grandpa Keith's four wheeler, but she did end up loving it once she calmed down!
We told Ben about these crazy snail shells that were all around a neighbors yard, we couldn't explain them right to him, so on our way home from school one day Hunter found a live one to bring home and show him. Aren't they weird! I've never seen snails with a long shell like this before!
Aspen started dance for the first time this year. I must say I think she is the cutest dancer ever!!
Crazy eyes!!
We got family pictures, and I loved how they turned out, so you get an overload of them!
We had her do Hunter and Aspen's pictures while I was nursing Timber, I wanted her with a full happy belly, so after she got several good shots of Hunter and Aspen they found this swing and started playing with it...
I love all the swing pictures especially this one!!
This is the family one that made it on our wall.
I love that Hunter and Aspen are holding hands, that was all on their own!
I loved this family picture! How my wall is set up I needed a horizontal picture though, otherwise this one might have been the one on the wall!
Again this was all Hunter and Aspen, we were trying to get pictures of Timber and they couldn't stay away from her, so we ended up encouraging them attacking her and got this way cute picture!
Love those blue eyes!!
She had to get those fingers even during her photo session!
I love this picture of me and Ben!
Wasn't this yard amazing! It's the back yard of a couple in my ward, I had only ever been to their front door and thought it was really pretty in the front and asked if we could come take pictures there. They said "Ya, people do all the time!" Little did I know that it was for the back yard not the front! They even have a little fairy village back there, you can see some of it in the first couple of pictures of Hunter and Aspen. The waterfall into the pond is in their sons backyard which is right next door and basically connected. At Christmas time they have lights on a lot of their trees, you can see all the trees in their backyard from the main road, but I never would have imagined this! It was amazing!!
I loved her outfit!
I have pictures of all my kids from around 4-5 months and I want to have them hung on my wall all together, but they just weren't looking quite right. I felt I needed one of Timber sitting up since the other too were, so a couple weeks later my friend took some more pictures of Timber propped up on a tree outside of Aspen's dance. Her daughter Suzy and Aspen ended up in the same dance class, we didn't plan it but were way excited when we both showed up there!
She kept digging her toes into the mud, so they were so muddy by the time we were done!
This was the one we decided was the winner!
Got to love when a seat belt won't lock in place! The first time it happened it scared her pretty bad! But then she just kinda chilled sideways! Ben went to a Bronco's game with his brothers and they took our car, so we had Dixie's Rav4 and it just did not like Aspen's car seat!
Finding her feet.
This was her first time trying solids.
She kind of liked the rice cereal this first time, but only for a little while, she didn't like it anywhere near as much as Hunter and Aspen did!
These two were excitedly watching her every bite!
All done!
Girls and headbands! They slide down a lot! They remind me of those things some people have to wear to sleep to keep all light out haha!
So tired she fell asleep on the floor!
Hunter was being grumpy so Ben and Aspen were trying to cheer him up.
How's that for a sleeping position!
I asked Aspen to help keep Timber happy for a minute, maybe she wanted her to be in a cave????
Look how long that hair is! Definitely can't do a mo-hawk now!
Mom, my fingers taste way better than rice cereal!
Nothing better than a sleeping baby!
We went up the mountain scouting for deer with Ben.
Isn't this how everyone goes scouting? I think Aspen had the right idea!!
And this is how Timber spent our scouting trip, so I just hung out in the truck with her!
I think it's fun seeing Timber in the same outfits Aspen wore.
She was asleep when we headed up to the bus stop to get Hunter, but the second she woke up she was trying to get that cover off!! I love the rolls in her thighs!!
This picture makes me laugh!
She's definitely getting too big for the bouncer! This was how I usually would keep her safe from her siblings while I would take a shower, but I think the safety of it is quickly going away with her figuring out how to sit up in it!!
When I went to check on the kids before I went to bed this is what I discovered... Yes I think we should all sleep in our party dress! And plates and knifes are ready for dinner. But you better not mess with me, or you might get shot!! Haha got to love all the girly stuff and then a gun. Proud daddy moment right there!
We made our own version of an Elsa braid. Aspen loves it and requests it often!
Nothing better for a baby discovering her feet than monster socks!
Remember the neighbors I told you about that have and amazing garden??? Well with all that they shared with us I was able to make a lot of baby food! I have 2 bags of green beans and 2 bags of zucchini that I made from their garden. Then a bag of peaches from my dad and Uncle Al's peach trees. And 2 bags of apples from another neighbors apple tree! Between all this baby food that I made and a bunch of jars that a friend gave me that her baby wouldn't eat anymore I only ever had to buy baby food if I wanted a jar of cereal to take on a trip!!! It was so nice!! A lady in my ward taught me how to make applesauce which is why we went and got the apples, then I had so many apples leftover that I made a lot of the rest into baby food! I had more zucchini than I needed for the baby food so I went searching for recipes and found a coconut lime zucchini bread. It is amazing!!! Everyone that I gave some to fell in love with it! I ended up shredding and freezing some of the zucchini just so that I could make the bread later too! All of these fresh fruits and veggies really made me want a garden!! Ben made me some planter boxes but we never ended up getting around to getting good soil for them, some day though we will have a garden!
Sunday evening snuggles with Grandma!

























No comments:
Post a Comment