It was a pretty fun day! And it kept them busy having fun the whole time! Some of our days end with just playing and quite often Timber was napping during school time so it was always nicer when I could keep them busy with school activities so that I didn't have to worry about them waking Timber up while they would run around the house playing. Plus the smaller confines of my house compared to the other houses just made it not quite as exciting to be left we too much play time!
Timber had a little shelf of hair! Above the long patch I'm holding out is the bald spot that most babies get from laying right there, and then under it is new hair trying to grow in!
Luckily as long as I keep her hair combed down it mostly hides the crazy bald spots!
Got to love morning hair!!
Timber had her 9 month check up this month. She was 15.81 lbs which is 5% and 26 in. which is 7%! She's just a tiny little thing!!
I heard Timber waking up from her nap and went in to find this! She had never gotten to a sitting position on her own before, so I have no clue how she did it! She did this a few other times too!
Just getting a little drink.
I love how she was pooching her lip out while sleeping!
And it's official! She's on the move! Instead of a true crawl she tucks her left leg under her and used her right leg and hands to kind of pull her along on her bum. It's pretty funny, but she is getting pretty fast at it!
Trying out her first "S'more." We had the fudge stripe cookies and some marshmallows so I made the other 2 kids some s'mores, but just gave Timber a cookie and ripped up the marshmallow into little pieces for her.
Can you tell what Aspen was doing while she was eating her s'more? Look at her right nostril, there's a bit of chocolate up there! Booger flavored chocolate anyone??
Timber got 2 more teeth! Instead of being the 2 front teeth, she got the 2 right next to where her front teeth will be coming in first! I was so nice and pinned her down like this to check them out several times! I decided that they are Dale teeth:
See what I mean?
I have been waiting and waiting to get to post these 2 funny stories that happened this month! So glad I wrote them down so I could remember them! One day me and the kids were going through the drive through at Taco Bell and Hunter noticed a sign on the window, the one that says no smoking. He asked what it was and I just said "No Smoking, so you can't smoke close to the building." Hunter then proceeds to tell me, "I wouldn't smoke here! I only smoke when we go out camping." It took me a minute to realize what in the world he was talking about! And even then I had to make sure I was interpreting correctly, he was thinking of a camp fire! Haha, so then I explained that that's not the kind of smoking the sign meant. Of course my curious little ones had to know what it meant then, so I asked if they had ever seen anyone with a white stick type thing hanging out of their mouth that has a little bit of smoke coming from it. They said no. I know we live in a small town but I know they have seen people smoking! I didn't press that though, but I did take this opportunity to have a talk about how smoking is bad for you and you shouldn't do it. So then of course they asked why they would even need the sign then, because if it's bad for you people shouldn't be doing it anyways. So then I had to explain how everyone makes there own choices and unfortunately not everyone makes choices that are good for them. Still to this day anytime we go through Taco Bells drive through and sometimes just drive past Taco Bell, there is some comment about that day and how you shouldn't smoke!
The other funny story happened one night when we were reading the Friend. As Ben finished the story he went to close the magazine, when Aspen hurriedly put her hand out and yelled, "Wait!" Looked at the page for a second, then said, "What kind of shoes does she have on?" Hahaha! Got to love what that girly takes out of our evening Friend and scripture study!!


1 comment:
Those stories really were funny! I can only imagine what was going on in Aspen's mind while reading the friend. lol!
Post a Comment