My Dad turned 60! The whole family went to eat at Golden Corral to celebrate:
And this was the only picture I got, haha! Not the best pic, oh well! I guess at least my Dad is in it, even if he is in the background!
Aspen was so tired she couldn't even stay awake for scriptures!
Isn't she so cute!! I made that headband for Aspen and I have loved it on both of them!
The neighbors that have that amazing garden I've talked about also have some very pretty flowers in their front yard too. Aspen is just loved by them and has come home from getting Hunter at the bus stop with flowers many, many times! She loves flowers, she it makes her very happy!!
Timber has started being able to eat little pieces of bread now.
And still only likes a binki as a toy! Why would you suck on one of these when you have 2 cute fingers to suck on??
So cute, I love the sister bonding!
Timber's new favorite thing is to chew on her socks!
And occasionally a paper towel.
She just likes them (mostly socks) to just hang out of her mouth.
I'm thinking I might have an artist on my hands! Look at that perfect slobber heart!
This is one of my favorite church outfits.
My neighbor made this hat for Timber, I think it's way cute, and she loves to chew/suck on the tassel things.
Me and Brandi were both feeling pretty bummed that we didn't end up being able to go to the Time Out for Women this year, so last minute we looked up the date of the Salt Lake one and it ended up working out. I think we bought our tickets maybe a week before it was all. Haha, it was a very last minute throw the trip together, but it was very fun! This was dinner right before we went to the Friday night session. Timber loved our number! She didn't want to let it go! Kira ended up being able to go to the Friday session and met us there. She wasn't able to go to the Saturday one though.
This little bug didn't sleep very well at the hotel, probably why she looks so zonked out in this! It took quite a while for her to finally go to sleep and then she was up several times during the night to nurse. She still does that at home too, but it was more here.
Now that you see the full picture I bet you can guess that I didn't sleep all that well either, how she kept turned and moving into all my space who knows!
I loved horsey rides from my dad as a kid!
Aspen looks a bit scared in this, but overall she really did enjoy it.
Thanksgiving pie anyone?! We were with Ben's family this year, and they make mostly fruit pies. I love pie, all except fruit pie... and Ben loves pecan pie. So we have made mine and his favorite kind of pie for the past several Thanksgivings now. Haha I guess if we are going to be pie snobs we better just bring our own right? We also took rolls, I have a recipe that we love!
This is the only picture I have of actual Thanksgiving. I don't even remember who he was reminding me of, but Tyler was reminding me of some actor so I had to take a pic of him and show it to him so he could see how much he looked like him haha! Apparently he doesn't remind me of him anymore since I can't remember who it was!
The day after Thanksgiving me and Morgan threw Joslyn a bridal shower at my house. We did it this crazy weekend so that Caitlin would be in town and able to be at it too. Joslyn got engaged just a few weeks before this, I think they were engaged for 5 weeks?? Something like that. She started "hanging out" with him December last year. His name is Tyson... and he is a Jehovah Witness. In his religion you aren't supposed to date anyone outside of your religion, so they didn't officially start dating til after she was baptized as a Jehovah Witness, I think in July??? She didn't invite us to the baptism, so I don't know for sure when it was. The only family she did invite was her parents, and she waited to invite them until the day of the baptism, she was currently living with them and had spent the entire night before with them. She also knew that her parents were heading to the temple that morning and didn't end up texting to tell them about it until they were already heading to the temple. So I think they felt that she really didn't want them there since she waited til then and had had several opportunities to tell them before, so they continued on with their plans to go the the temple. It has definitely been hard on the family watching her make this choice. Ben especially has really had a rough time with it. He wants so bad to have all his siblings around in the eternities that it really is hard on him when he sees some of them make choices like this. It's also been sad this year since she has been trying to convert to her new religion she hasn't been to as many family things. The JW's don't celebrate holidays or birthdays, so she was slowing stopping coming to those things with us. She did end up eating Thanksgiving dinner with us, but then went into her room for the rest of the day. I got thinking that day that maybe since they don't celebrate holidays maybe they don't usually do bridal showers! So I had to go ask her if it was ok that we were throwing her a bridal shower. Turns out she had had the same thought when her soon to be mother-in-law asked what that was when she gave her the invitation! Luckily her sister-in-law was there when she gave it to her and reminded her what a bridal shower was and that they had all had them too! Haha! Tyson is the baby of the family by quite a long ways, he is from a different dad then his siblings, so I guess the rest of them had been married for too long for her to remember it! I was very relived to know that the event for the next day was ok, haha! The bridal shower itself went pretty well. Tyson has 2 kids, Tayten and Aspen (yep there are 2 Aspen's in the family now) so since both him and Joslyn have been married and on their own before and will have 5 kids together, me and Morgan decided to ask the presents to be based on a date night. Then we planned a couple games, I asked Tyson questions and we did the game where Joslyn had to have a piece of gum every time she got an answer wrong. Morgan did the what's in your purse game. And we also handed out papers and had everyone write down a fun date night idea for them, and we put them all in a cute jar for her to keep. Morgan brought all the prizes for the games and the drinks, plates, silverware, etc. Then I did the refreshments, I made a bean dip, a fruit tray with a fruit dip and also brownies and blondies. Tyson is half black, kinda, his mom is white, his dad is half black half Native American. So I had told her that she needed to do brownies and blondies for the wedding, she decided on cupcake instead but thought the idea was funny, so I had to do it for the shower. I don't know if anyone but me, her and those that we told got it, but I thought it was too good to not do it! After the shower everyone but Joslyn and her mother-in-law and sister-in-laws left. It was kind of interesting being there with just them. Her mother-in-law asked her why they were getting married this fast, and how she said it definitely made it sound like she was accusing Joslyn of being pregnant! Haha! Really the reason they did this fast was because they had been basically dating for almost a year, even though they had only been officially dating for a few months, and they had been talking about getting married for a while now, so it wasn't a surprise for any of us when they got engaged, we knew it was coming. It also worked about best for Joslyn to be able to have her boys at the wedding this way, since Jeremy gets them every other weekend. Maybe Tyson hadn't really talked to his family much about it??? I don't know, but it was a bit awkward being there during this! Well with the shower done, we were on to getting ready for the wedding!

No comments:
Post a Comment