May was slightly calmer than April, but still a bit busy!
This girl loves to sweep!! She is barely taking a few steps but loves to hang on to that broom!
Aspen and Suzy getting ready for their recital!
Isn't she adorable!
They do their recitals Friday evening and then again Saturday afternoon. Well after her Friday recital she asked us why she didn't get flowers. We hadn't ever thought to get flowers, but as she asked me that I looked around and a lot of the girls were getting flowers! So the next day Ben ran and got flowers so we could give them to her after her Saturday recital. They were pretty... but... what he hadn't noticed was that they reeked!!! They had been sitting in stagnant water at the store and some of the stems had started to get moldy. It was horrible! But she loved them and once we got them home I trimmed off a good chunk of the stems and got them in fresh water and that helped them smell much better!
I always get a kick out of the girls hair when I take it out at bedtime!
I've started being able to do little pig tails in Timber's hair, nap time definitely makes them do crazy things though!
Walking home from school one day Hunter caught this cute little bird! It must have been hurt or something because it was just hopping around, it didn't ever try to fly away. Later that day we showed this picture to his neighbor friend and apparently after that the neighbor boy was trying and trying to catch a bird! I love kids! They are so funny!
My messy little piggy.
My kids love to do airplane and ride on my feet! I loved how Aspen's hair cascaded around her face!
Timber's shots this time were rougher than usual! Poor girl! It took several days for these bumps to go away!
Hunter had his Kindergarten graduation...
He was much happier at this than at the Christmas program! He even sang all the songs!
This is is teacher and his diploma! The program was on the 10th, then they had the next week off for testing, then the next week they had 3 last days of school. It was kind of interesting to have the program, then no school for a week, and then come back for 3 days! At least those 3 days were mostly just fun days! They helped clean the classroom one of them and then had a field day the next. I got to go help with the field day, the kids had a great time! They had different stations set up around the big kid playground (there is a separate one for the Kindergartners) where they got to do different activities. There was writing with chalk, bubbles, painting with water on the sidewalk, playing on the playground, story time w/otter pops, parachute, and balls and jump ropes. Then they all had brought a lunch that they got to eat on the playground. I think it's fun to get to go help with stuff like that!
At this time Timber was taking naps in the kids room but still sleeping nights in our room. Ben would always take Hunter and Aspen to bed. Well Timber started noticing this and wanted in on the action! So she started to hurry and scoot over to him before he left the room with the other two! So this is how heading to bed would look at our house! Then once Ben got Hunter and Aspen tucked into bed he would bring Timber back to me and she would nurse then I would put her in her bed in our room. I think it's cute that she started noticing this and felt left out!
We had one of our kitchen chairs blocking the stairs so that Timber couldn't fall down them... Well I made the mistake of stepping over the chair and going downstairs when Timber could see me. The next day was Sunday and I was looking for Timber so I could do her hair. I couldn't find her anywhere! I started panicking and everybody else started helping hunt for her, where in the world could she be?!?!? It's not like she could open doors or anything, but we really don't have many places to hunt for her so I was getting a bit stressed that we couldn't find her! The chair was securely in place blocking the stairs so no one even thought to look down there, then finally I heard a tiny little noise that sounded like her, I looked down the stairs and there she was playing with Aspen's vanity! Crazy girl had crawled between the chair legs and managed to make her way down the stairs all by herself! I only kept the chair there for another day or two, because once she discovered that she could get through it, it didn't stop her at all! In fact it just got in the way and made her fall down the stairs trying to get through it instead!
Grandma Lisa gave these dresses to the girls for their birthdays/Easter.
We again attempted to get a picture of our 3 kiddos, as you can see Timber didn't want to sit their for a picture and threw a royal fit resulting in her head being bonked on the tile!
So we moved to the bed where it wouldn't hurt so bad if she decided to throw a fit.
And gave her a toy that at least kept her still long enough to snap a few pictures!
Another cute picture of Hunter at one of his T-ball games.
And afterwards Aspen and Cooper helping Timber walk back to our car!
Brandi and Mike had to go out of town for his work so we got to have Tucker over for 2 nights. The kids love when cousins get to spend the night! And lucky for us it fell in that week gap of Hunter not having school, so they just got to play! And having a rainy day makes playing with cousins even better!
Hunter and Timber thought the rainy day was pretty cool too!
Our kids love our easel, but it sure makes for a crabby mom when they leave the markers out where their baby sister can get them!
I went to make dinner after we got the kids back in the house and in dry clothes, I came back to this!
The rainy day apparently wore these two out!
I let them sleep until dinner was ready, then I let Timber go to work!
She looks pretty proud of her waking up cousin skills!
Time for sister...
Wait Tucker went back to sleep!
I better go wake him back up...
Cuz Aspen just doesn't want to wake up!
After we finally got those two to wake up, we ate our taco soup for dinner, which Timber loved! She was the only one of the kids that liked it haha!
The next day this happened...
I wasn't very happy to find her here especially since her older siblings were the reason she was able to get here... but watching that leg dip in and out of the muddy water and how high in the air she would put her foot made it worth it.
And lucky for me it wasn't too hard to get the muddy mess out of her light colored clothes!
The day that Tucker went back home was also the day of our wards Father's and Sons. Hunter and Ben had a great time!
Daddy's girl! I think we have a picture of all of our kids with toothpicks in their mouths at very young ages!
The boys came home right after breakfast on Saturday from their Father's and Son's camp out, so we decided to head to Fiesta Fun. Ben's parents came with us. We did a round of miniature golf, a round of bowling, and played in the arcade! I love how Timber is holding onto the side furthest from her, she must have been feeling a need to protect Aspen or something haha!
These were some of Aspen's favorites in the arcade. Hunter and Ben found a machine that they were very good at getting tickets from. So by the end of our tokens they had enough tickets to get Hunter and Aspen both a minion stuffed animal, a small toy for Timber and several pieces of candy too! Probably the most tickets I've ever seen from an arcade! The kids were pretty excited about it!
The kids and I decided to make popsicles out of orange juice, they all loved them!
This was Hunter getting off the bus on his last day of Kindergarten! If you look close his bus driver was leaning in for the picture too! We loved her! She was talking about possibly retiring after this year, but I told her she should stay until all my kids were through with Kindergarten! There is a different bus driver that takes Hunter to school and the same one brings the older grades home. This is Mrs. J and she just does the Kindergarteners coming home. For Kindergarten you have to be at the bus stop or they won't let the kids off, any day there was an early out she would make sure to call you and let you know first thing in the morning. And she would also wait for a little bit if you weren't right there at the bus stop, other bus drivers would prob just keep going and take the kids back to the school. She also lets them bring snacks on the bus since they are riding home right at lunch time! She is such a sweet lady!
On the last day of school Hunter had his second to last T-ball game. I loved how he was just chatting it up with the kid on base!!
We took a trip to Delta the weekend school ended. Grandpa Turner asked anyone in the family that could come to come help redo the roof on the cabin. Once we got there we ran to the store to get some food for the days we were going to be there. Our kids love these little carts they have at their grocery store!
And they were even crazy enough to get into the water! It was freezing! This was the first day we were there and it was the warmest day, so the only day we even let them near the water! They actually played in it pretty well for how cold it was!
Timber has an obsession with the stairs there! It stresses me out because they are pretty steep and have no kind of padding to them!
Ben and Dwayne were the main roofers since they have been doing just that for many years. They do mostly tile roofs but a few shingle jobs here and there. Tyson and Ben's cousin were would take tile up the ladder and reload Ben and Dwayne with any other supplies they needed. Ben's Uncle Steve was the only other one that helped up on the ladders doing the tile. Two of his aunt's helped cut the shingles.
Since there were so many people at the cabin Dwayne and Dixie brought their tent trailer, we stayed in it with them. I laid Timber down for a nap then went back to watch them working and clean up the scraps they occasionally threw down. After I while I thought I heard a little voice so I went to check on her. I came out to this! She had woken up and was going through all of Grandma's snacks! She was having a great time throwing stuff around in there haha! I had laid her on the side bed that me and Ben were sleeping on, I didn't think she would dare to get off it when she woke, I just figured she would cry out when she woke up and couldn't get down! Haha, she showed me!
Worn out from a hard days work, but almost done!! They didn't have quite enough shingles, luckily a local store was open and happened to have some of the same kind, so when they could tell they weren't going to finish they ran into town and bought some more.
Ben waiting to raise the scaffolding. Since he kept leaning on the shingles a rip in his pants kept getting bigger and bigger! You can kind of see it in this picture on his right leg. By the end of the day his pants weren't worth keeping! Watching him working up on the roof gave me a great view to check him out ;)
Once they finished we went in and played a view rounds of trump. This hand was definitely picture worthy! The trump suit was either clubs or spades, I think I took 6 of the tricks!
We stayed in Delta from Friday until Monday which was Memorial Day, with one exception. Saturday night we stayed in an hotel in Nephi so that we could go to Ben's friend Codie's ward on Sunday in Fountain Green. Codie was being ordained an Elder and wanted Ben there. It was pretty exciting to see! He hasn't been active hardly at all his whole adult life so this was a big step! Him and his wife Rachel were working towards going to the temple!! After he got ordained we went back to their house, had lunch and visited for a while, then we headed back to Delta for the rest of the Memorial vacation.
We stayed in Delta from Friday until Monday which was Memorial Day, with one exception. Saturday night we stayed in an hotel in Nephi so that we could go to Ben's friend Codie's ward on Sunday in Fountain Green. Codie was being ordained an Elder and wanted Ben there. It was pretty exciting to see! He hasn't been active hardly at all his whole adult life so this was a big step! Him and his wife Rachel were working towards going to the temple!! After he got ordained we went back to their house, had lunch and visited for a while, then we headed back to Delta for the rest of the Memorial vacation.
This picture is of Hunter and a few of his team mates at their last game.
Timber has started to love the tramp! She will just stand there and slightly bounce up and down, her feet never leave the tramp though!
Even when the wind is blowing like crazy!
Testing out her head lamp! We had a power outage one evening and only a few candles that we had gotten for pumpkins at Halloween, we had several flashlights but not great ones, so we bought us all new head lamps and some candles so that it wouldn't be so bad next time it happens!
This is what happens when you think your past the stage of needing extra clothes! She had a blow out when we were eating at Applebees one day! It was even down onto her shoes, it was horrible! I always have a full thing of wipes and at least two diapers, but I hadn't had extra clothes for a while. I got some pretty funny looks when I walked out of the restaurant like this! Luckily it happened when we had just finished eating and we were also done with all our errands so we were able to just go straight home! Sad thing is I didn't learn from this! And it happened again a few weeks later! I did learn from that one and put clothes back in my bag... and I haven't ever had to use them! It's kind of annoying to have that extra load and never need it, but I bet if I took them out then I would need it!
I think she looks like a little girl in this, no longer my baby! She looks all grown up, and has to follow in her brother and sister's footsteps by putting her feet on the table! Do other people's kids do this? All of mine have! They are some adorable toesies, but keep them off the table!

No comments:
Post a Comment