Saturday, July 9, 2011

Delta!!!

Oh Delta how we love you!! We have so much fun every time we go to Ben's parents cabin on the reservoir in Delta. When I loaded my pictures from my camera their were 144 pictures of the trip! So you get to see a ton of pictures, I tried to narrow it down a bit but there were just so many fun ones!

The starting of the trip was a bit rocky... Ben's sister and her family went to the cabin Thursday afternoon and we decided to follow with the boat that evening. We were hoping to leave around six but didn't end up leaving til 8. We made it to Cedar a little before dark luckily since we had to stop and get an adapter for the light hook ups for the trailer. We also finally got us some dinner when we got to Cedar, then we were off again. Hunter talked to us FOREVER! Finally I convinced him to play the quiet game and he fell asleep shortly after, but that wasn't til probably 10:30 or so. While we were on our way up Ben's dad called and let us know the spare tire wasn't in the boat and that he would bring it up the next day when they came... At 11:30 one of the tires blew on the trailer. It's tires were a 5 lug and ours on are trail blazer are 6 lug. So we called our brother in law and his happened to be 5 lug so he headed out to find us and use his spare... Once he got there (we were only about half an hour away from Delta so not too bad) his tire didn't fit. So we had to leave the boat there over night. Well Hunter had woken up a few minutes after we stopped and was a little whiny but not too bad... until we started going again. He screamed the entire way to Delta. A half hour usually isn't too bad but with a screaming kid we were all quite grumpy by the time we got to the cabin. Luckily he went to bed pretty good once we got there, and other than that the trip was great! The boys woke up in the morning went and got the tire fixed then got the boat and there were no other mishaps! We came home Tuesday afternoon, so it was a great almost week!
So here is all the fun of the trip:




Hunter was taking pictures (anytime he sees the camera he always grabs it and starts snapping away) and captured this funny face!




Chelsee came out for a couple days with us then headed back to be with her family. She also opened her mission call Thursday night and is going to New York Rochester mission Spanish speaking!


Jeremy helping with the babies :)



We wore this kid out pretty much everyday! We couldn't get him to take a nap most of the time so by dinner time he was exhausted. I think this was Friday, he didn't sleep in at all after the crazy night, in fact he woke up a little earlier than usual. He was falling asleep trying to eat his dinner, it was so funny! I was just watching him laughing as he would sway a little and try to pry his eyes open, then he did a little whimper and Ben saw what was happening and went and laid him down.



This is changing his bum out of a swim diaper into a regular one, yes he slept through it. He was barely awake as Ben carried him to the tent and the second he set him down he was out!



Even slept through wiping his dinner off his mouth.



Here he is finally tucked in, he only slept for maybe an hour and was back up running around. Power nap!



Ben's dad, Ben and Hunter all taking naps on Saturday.



Oh wait me and Aspen were too!



And Logan! This poor guy broke his arm while we were at Chelsee's watching her open her mission call on Thursday. He fell off the tramp while all the adults were inside getting food, Chelsee's aunt saw him and went to the door saying that a boy had a broken arm (she doesn't know any of us so didn't know which of ours he was) I happened to be right by the door and peaked out to see who it was... It was horrible! His bone hadn't broken through but his arm was kind of like an S, I of course panicked and started calling to Joslyn that it was hers. They all started at me like I was crazy cuz I wasn't making sense, I finally got out that it was Logan with a broken arm and they jumped up and headed to the hospital. After they left I realized that I totally made the situation worse since I panicked. It's a broken arm, you don't have to rush, it's not going to get worse! But well now we know that Ben definitely has to be around if anything like that happens with our kids, cuz if I was panicking that bad when it wasn't even my kid who knows what I will be like when it's mine!!



Here is Grandma helping all the grand kids light snakes. Gavin and Sheena couldn't come so Ben's parents brought Brylee with them so that she could spend the 4th with her cousins.





Hunter and Logan playing in the water!



Going for a boat ride, and Joslyn had all the kids wanting to sit by her! So cute!



Hunter took a 5 min power nap on the boat.



Ben wake boarding, he was annoyed that this pic showed him letting go of the rope, but it was the best timing to show how high he gets, all the other pics showed him started or landing a jump.



Yep that's me!! I finally stayed up for more than 2 seconds! Still didn't stay up for long but oh well, getting better every time!




Hunter is so funny! Last year he loved the fireworks, this year not so much. He hid in the cabin and would shoot his gone every time one went off!





What a cute goof!





This cute little guy lives near the cabin and brought his train over so that the kids could have a ride. They loved it! He even had a train whistle that he blew when he started to go. I don't know if you can tell but he pulled it with his four wheeler.



Hunter eating s'mores for the first time! He only took a couple bites then gave it to me, he liked just regular marshmallows better! He's crazy!




Here we are at the parade.





Hunter getting candy, and being silly with his bag.



He loved all the tractors!



This is how Aspen spent most of the parade, asleep on Grandpa's lap!



We went to the park after and let the kids play on the bounce house stuff, they had a blast!



Ha Ha, Hunter got his head stuck in the railing around the porch! What a good mom to take a picture instead of help him :) Our camera had got set on a close up setting on accident so that's why it's fuzzy.





And finally grandma helped him out!



Happy Hunter at the derby! He loves going to Derby's, he is always so good at them!



It got kind of chilly and even sprinkled a little, perfect derby weather in my opinion! Hunter didn't get that the kids were trying to stay warm in the blanket, he just thought they were playing!



Here's how Aspen spent the whole derby! And I didn't even have to nurse her! Oh and by the way I made her 4th of July bow, I couldn't find one that had all 3 colors, so I figured I would attempt making one myself. It doesn't quite match her dress, but oh well she was patriotic.



This is our trip home, we were going to stop and get some food in Delta, but Hunter was asleep before we even got a couple blocks! Look at his right hand he's holding a piece of jerky...



He woke up slightly and started eating his jerky in his sleep!! What a funny kid!

No comments: