Saturday, June 25, 2011

Projects

I am horrible about ever finishing projects I start. Quite often I buy all the stuff to do something and either never finish it or it takes me years to finally finish it, but lately I've been project crazy! Here's what I've done:


I had so many headbands and bows that I decided I needed something to put them all on, so I made this. I really like how it turned out.

Here it is with some bows and headbands on it.


I made this car seat cover for my friend that had her baby a couple days before me. It was her very late baby shower present since I was on bed rest when she had the shower.



This picture shows the inside, not sure if you can tell but it has little pink polka dots on it.



And I made this one for my friends baby shower that was yesterday. The inside is just plain brown.



This is a blanket (it's folded up) that I made for me. We are headed to Delta for the 4th of July, they have an awesome demolition derby we go to every year. It goes on kind of long so I figured I most likely will end up having to feed Aspen while we are there. I have a nursing cover but figured people in the seats above me would probably be able to see down into it too since I can, so didn't want to use that. All my blankets are either pretty small or nice and fluffy so they would be hot. So this is a big light weight blanket! I usually try not to feed her in public places it really embarrasses me but you have to park so far away and then wait for her to eat, so I'd end up missing probably half of the derby if I go to the car. I have seen plenty of people that don't even cover up, they are crazy! So at least I'm making sure I'm completely covered.

This just makes me smile! Picking her nose and sucking her fingers all at once!!

4 comments:

Jaylene said...

That picture is too cute :) Great job on all the projects too, love them all!!

The Stevens Family said...

Those are so cute! Way to go on project craziness! I love the material! And I totally agree about nursing in public- it's embarrassing, but at least you cover up! lol- it's worth it for the derby! :-)

tami and todd said...

And this lucky friend LOVES the carseat cover you made her! Thank you very much! And the other day I got complimented on the fabric, so... very nice!!

Sheryl, Derick, and Kaylie said...

Misty! I would love a car seat cover. The ones you made are so cute! I am good with any color- lets say Derick isn't too fond of pink! LOL but anything you think is cute will work! We definitely need to get our girls together after this one gets here!