Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Aspen's New Loves

I can not believe how fast she is learning new things!! I don't remember it going so fast with Hunter. She has 2 new found loves and I love them both! Here is the first:


She has been a finger/fist sucker since the beginning, but I think she finally decided which ones she like best! She still will get other fingers in there sometimes but she only sucks on them for a few seconds then bites them a couple times then is done, but when she gets these two... Amazing things happen! The other night I woke up with a start and looked at the clock wondering why she hadn't woken up yet. Then I heard it she was sucking on her fingers, so I figured she would want to nurse any minute but decided to just lay there til she did. Several minutes passed and she still hadn't cried out so I went to the bathroom, still nothing. I went to check on her and it was still too dark to see her so I felt her to see what fingers (or if she had her thumb) she had, and felt that it was those 2. She had her eyes closed so I decided I would just lay back down til she was ready. I ended up falling back to sleep for and hour and a half, which made it 8 hours that she slept! And most nights since then have been about that long, I'm loving it!

Her second love is to talk! First thing when she wakes up in the mornings is to give me big smiles and start cooing at me! She even has a rough time nursing quite often because she is wanting to talk! I finally got some video of it (she usually stops right when she sees the camera and stares at it instead) but I can't figure out how to get it loaded on here. I got it on the computer (for some reason the sound wasn't playing though) but it wouldn't let me load it on here (I was going to load it and see if the sound would work once it was on here) so sorry you don't get to see and hear it, it's WAY cute!!


She laughed for the first time today. It was to me making a hoarse laughing sound, she did it twice in a row then wouldn't do it again, so I didn't get any footage of that.


We spent the weekend in Kanab, while Ben and my brother played in a softball tournament in Page (a beat the heat tournament where they play during the night then sleep during the day then play more the next night.) They started Friday night and didn't get back to Kanab until 5:30 Sunday morning. Ben was exhausted he kept going in and out of sleep all day! It was pretty funny! He usually can't take naps at all and he had several!


Hunter is a trouble maker as usual, but we still love him! He fought bed time at my parents, he does at home too, but since the room we were staying in was downstairs he was able to be a lot sneakier about getting out of bed. The second night he even ended up taking his jammies off and pooping on the floor! Luckily for me the carpet in the room is all torn out cuz the water heater flooded and ruined it. Their was a spare piece of the old carpet left in the doorway, which is what he pooped on so I just threw it away instead of trying to clean it. He hasn't done this for a long time so it really frazzled me! I also realized tonight that he is holding his poop in for another excuse to get out of bed. We always have him go to the bathroom in the potty before he gets in the bath (which he is really good about but still won't go any other time of the day) and he ended up going #2 in the toilet tonight. Then about 5 minutes after I put him in his room he came out cuz he was poopy. What a stinker! I don't know how to fix this excuse cuz I had told him to try to go more while he was on the potty and he said no he was done and refused to try.


On Friday morning I was trying to be really nice and do fun things while getting ready to go to Kanab (I feel like I have been really grumpy lately.) We made cookies and I let him watch his new favorite movie Gnomeo and Juliet (SO cute!) after we got them cooking. In between the batches I would be packing or doing laundry. He had been following me around for most of it, then decided to just stay in my room and watch the movie. Well when I came back in there from taking a batch of cookies out of the oven this is what I found:



He had found a brand new thing of Desitin that I had forgot to put up after using it on Aspen (about 5 minutes earlier) and spread it all over him! It was even on his teeth! It was a pain to get off, I had to wipe it all off with wipes then also give him a bath. I had to wash his hair twice to get it all out!


I know all this is just a phase (terrible 2's) but I would love for him to not have these phases, cuz other than him being naughty and defiant I absolutely love the age he is. It's so fun to get to see him growing and showing how smart his is getting! He knows pretty much all of his letters and some of his numbers, he usually knows how to count til 10 (sometimes he just starts spouting of random numbers), and it's not just memory of the numbers cuz he can tell me how many fingers he holds up. He can also tell me how to get to my sister and sister in laws houses, and he knows where to turn to go to Ben's work (or at least where Ben starts out his mornings) and I think he has only been there once or twice! He is just amazing and I love him so so much!!

2 comments:

Tayanna said...

What cute kids you have! I had a similar diaper cream experience. The girls wanted to put diaper cream on their dolls, then they decided to not stop there. It literally took about two minutes for them to put it on their dolls, and then all over their own bodies. Yesterday when I was at work cole called to tell me the girls had decided to use my lipstick. I let them put make up on when I am there to supervise. They had put lipstick all over their bodies and in their hair. It doesn't come out easily either. After two baths and a shower their skin and hair are still a little red. I agree with you though they are still so much fun!

Jaylene said...

I hate to say it but I totally laughed. :) Welcome to the terrible 2's :) Hopefully he wont stay there as long as Karter has. Cant wait to hear Aspen's talking!