Tuesday, August 9, 2011

4 months and going strong!

This might come as a shock... up until last night when I turned my computer on to do some work I hadn't turned it on for almost a week!! That is usually one of the first things I do in the mornings! It did mean that I didn't get any work done but it was kind of nice. I know it's kind of crazy but it was refreshing to not even look at my computer for several days. Now I'm back though and ready to post!


Aspen had her 4 month check up on the last week. She was 24 inches long which is in the 40% and she was 13 lbs 7 oz which is in the 46% so far pretty average... Her head was in the 94%!!! The poor girl got her moms big ol' noggin! Ben has a tiny head he has to get youth hats! And they've never measured Hunter's so I don't know about his.

As you can see above she is getting pretty close to sitting up! She will sit there for a few seconds then tip over, in the pic I'm holding her one arm and that's all she needs to keep her steady! She still doesn't roll over hardly ever, she occasionally will but it's like she does it on accident, her expression never changes. The doctors did say she seemed really ahead for her age though, as far as pulling herself up when they hold her hands and she can already hold stuff really good (she has been doing that for several weeks.) And he was shocked when he walked in the room and she was standing on my lap (holding my hands of course) I hadn't thought anything of it cuz she has been doing that for a long time and she does it ALL the time. She loves to stand up and see whats going on around her!


This is Hunter and his cousin walking down to the park on the 24th for breakfast after the parade. I thought it was so cute that they were holding hands I had to take a pic before they let go! They held hands the whole way to the park... even after Ben and his brothers told them to stop cuz they are boys! What nerds!!


My sister had her baby boy on the 24th. His name is Tucker Joseph and he is so cute! I love all his hair!!!! I'm so excited that we have kids close in age again, it has been so fun watching Hunter and her daughter grow up together!


Hunter loves to lay by Aspen and talk to her and bring her toys to play with. I even get to hear him sing her songs occasionally :) he very rarely ever wants to hold her though. Which I'm pretty grateful for since when he is done he is done and just drops her, he was about to let her go in this pic. I have learned to never let him hold her anywhere but the middle of the bed!


Aspen has found her toes and she loves them! Just about anytime she's left laying down she will have her toes! Also just check out those rolls she has on her thighs! The picture just doesn't do them justice.


I was talking to Hunter and looked down to see that she had somehow taken her binki out and put it back in upside down and managed to keep it in that way! She's so funny!


I always put her binki's on her head rest in the car seat so we know where they are... I guess the ride was too bumpy or something cuz it fell down and looks like her bow is hooked to the binki holder :) It's really not thought, she has a headband on it's just covered up!


I just LOVE this picture! She stayed staring at Ben's pop for like a solid 5 minutes!

2 comments:

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

Such a cute chubby girl..

Jaylene said...

Love that baby girl, SO happy that I have a set playdate with her every week!! (and of course Hunter too!) :)