Saturday, October 13, 2012

4th of July

 For the 4th of July we went on our annual trip to Delta.  We always have a blast and this time since the 4th fell on a Wednesday we got to go for way longer than usual.  We went Tuesday after work and stayed til Sunday!


Aspen was way tuckered out after the late night driving to Delta and getting up and ready for the parade.  This was while all the other kids were playing on the bounce house toys.


The whole crew (minus Ben taking the pic and Kira, she got there a little after we took this) at the demolition derby.  It was Tiffany's (Gavin's girlfriend) first ever derby.


And it was an awesome one!  There were tons of cars flipping over!  Well truck in the pic.


We kept this crazy girl entertained mostly by Jell-O popcorn.  She actually did pretty good.


And Hunter was glued to the derby like always.  He has always loved going and watching all the cars!


There was of course lots of wake boarding.  This is Ben doing a back flip.


Here's Gavin.


And Kira, she was awesome.


And me, it takes a lot of concentration for me to get up Haha!  I don't know why but I didn't have any pics of Jos, but I know she was out there too!


Another of Ben, he gets so high!!

 


Aspen loved playing in the sand and water.


And Hunter always loves playing on the boat, this was also the trip that we finally got him to trust his life jacket and start to swim by himself!  Ya it's basically just doggy paddling but he did great!


Aspen loved hanging out with Kira on the tube (they were right by the dock just floating.)


He loves the boat!


I love these guys!


Aspen and Lucas playing in the cabin.


And some sickies laying on the couch.  It was a bummer there was a stomach bug going around the cabin, Hunter, Kira, Dixie, Joslyn (I think that's everybody, I can't remember for sure) all got sick.  Ben wasn't sick he was just tired after playing so hard.



I love that cute smile!


This is my favorite pic of Aspen ever!  I think she looks so cute!!!


These were some fun parachute firework things Dixie got all the Grandkids, they loved them!


The next several pics are from Ben's camera (I forgot some of the pics were on his) so they are going back to the first day we were there.  This is all the kids getting some breakfast in before we headed to the parade.


Grandma, Gavin, and Grandpa waiting for the parade to start.


Aspen's first parade that she could really go get the candy, she did not want to put it in the bag!!


Such a cute pic!  Those fire trucks sure are loud!


The kids loved playing on the bounce houses at the park.  Before we had even paid for the kids to go on them Hunter took off and before we even realized he was gone he had found his way past the line of kids and up the big bounce house slide!  Little turkey!!


So Handsome!  He wants to be on the boat every time it goes out.


Look how cute her painted nails are!


Aspen's first sparkler.


Hunter with his.


Watching Ben's firework show off the dock.


The other group of watchers :)

And these two on their sick day.  It was so sad!  Hunter actually got a second wave of it on our way home too.  Poor guy!

No comments: