We got back from Delta on the 24th and Ben's birthday is the 25th. Aspen was so so sick on Ben's birthday that I pretty much did nothing for Ben. I have never had either of my kids that sick, she would just lay on me all day and go in and out of sleep, it was so sad! I took her to the doc on his birthday, while I was driving there I called Dairy Queen and ordered an ice cream cake for Ben, when they informed that they needed a days notice I decided to have a surprise party for him! The Doctor gave Aspen some medicine and the next morning she was acting so much better so I decided to invite friends too not just family that I had invited that day before. So I hurried and made some cupcakes for all the kids. I was planning on doing Kira's nails so I called and had her go to the store for me and get frosting for the cupcakes and stuff to make an Oreo mudslide cake (it's easy, fast and super yummy!) We have awesome friends and family that came on such short notice!
I hadn't even made him a Birthday dinner on his actual day, so I made steak and twice baked potatoes for him. Gavin and Tiffany came a little early, I was worried it was going to give the surprise away, but he still had no idea. Then Grandma and Grandpa came and he was a little surprised at them just randomly coming over. Then more and more people came and he realized what was going on! I think he enjoyed it, I probably should have done something more for his 30th but with such a sick baby on the day of his birthday this is what happened :)
See! He looks pretty happy right! Thanks to all who helped us celebrate!!
No comments:
Post a Comment