Monday, December 15, 2014

September 2013

 I didn't realize how busy our 2013 year was until loading the pictures!  I feel like I can't do several months together like I was doing to catch up in 2012, I don't want to miss things!!
 This is Hunter getting some practice in with his sling shot before heading up the mountain hunting with Ben.
 He loves to pose for pictures!
 Hunter turned 5!!
 And Aspen had a blast with his balloons!
 It always cracks me up watching my kids open envelopes, I think they must think it's like wrapping paper or something because they always rip them to pieces to get the card out!
 And I love how excited they get for cards!  Ben's grandparents always send everyone a birthday card and it always arrives right before the birthday, they are amazing at keeping on top of that!!
 I love catching the excited faces!!
 Only one present open and he was ready to play with it and forget the other ones!  He went to the other ones pretty quick after we reminded him they were there.
 He wanted to show me that he knew how to use his new shovel.
Haha I just had to throw this one in!  I love Aspen's face in it!
 I think the presents were a success!!  My only complaint was when we opened that bin of Legos that we pd $35 for and took all the Legos out of their plastic packages and dumped them in the bin, it barely filled the bottom of the bin!!  I had no clue there was going to be that few Legos in it!!!
 Hunter was again telling me that he wanted a train cake with Spiderman on it, I think he was just trying to add more to the last 2 years cakes!  I finally convinced him to try to think of something different though and he decided upon a dog.  I used 2 bread pans to cook the cake in, the body is one of them, then I cut the other cake up to make the rest of the dog, I love how the shape of him turned out!  I used peanut butter frosting on him, which tasted great, but since it was a hot day the frosting was kind of melty, after I got him done I texted my sister Kira and told her I needed her to show me how to do fondant!  He would have been so much cuter with fondant so he wouldn't be melting!
 Look!  I even put a tail on him!  Hunter showed me where, what color, and how big to put all of his spots, then he also put the candles in him too.  Even though he was melty I think Hunter liked how he turned out, and that's what really matters!
 I wonder if he put the candles all close for this moment, or if he's still too young to have thought of how much easier his candle placement would make it to blow them all out.
 The day after his birthday he had his 1st day of Preschool!!  His birthday is 3 days after the deadline, so even though he just turned 5 he still has another year before starting Kindergarten.
 1st day!!  He was pretty excited!
 And since his birthday was the day before he got to celebrate it with cupcakes for his class the very first day!  I let him put the sprinkles on all himself, he loved it!
 He went out dove hunting with Ben, and they managed to walk through a mosquito nest!
 This poor guy was miserable for several days after!
 Aspen and Tucker playing in the rain!
 Got to love borrowing older cousins swimsuits!  It kept trying to slide off!
 I was getting ready one day and turned around to this.
 She was just too cute all posed there I couldn't help but take a couple pictures!
 We went to Sizzler's for their all you can eat shrimp (well Ben went there for that, I got some chicken pasta) and Hunter got "too tired" so he laid down on Ben's lap and kept having Ben feed him shrimp!  What a goofball!
 I can't believe how big he's getting!!  He got in trouble and I had him lay down on the couch for a rest and to calm down, well he ended up falling asleep there.
 Ben got him a nice buck!
 When Ben got home from work one Friday night we decided to go camping.  In the morning we shot the 22.  I think Hunter liked it!
 Aspen did not want to do it!  But she did end up pulling the trigger a couple times with Ben's help.  I don't blame her for being nervous about it though, Ben had been shooting one of his bigger guns before this, and while we watched the shells kept hitting where we were sitting.  One of the shells ended up burning the back of her arm!  It was so sad!  I felt so bad!! She was sitting on my lap when it happened and I kept moving away but I didn't get far enough away before that happened...  It was pretty funny the next day at church she was telling everyone that she got her owie from daddy shooting her.  I thought it was so funny I kept having her tell people how she got her owie.
 Since it was already dark by the time we got out there we had no idea that we were sleeping on this!  If you look close there are several caterpillars.  They were everywhere!!!  I don't even want to know how many we were probably laying on!  Of course there was a tent in between us and them but there's probably caterpillar guts on the bottom of the tent now!
 This is what Hunter thought of all the caterpillars:  He loved them!!
 And this is what Aspen thought of them:  She did not like them and went around stomping on all of them!!
 We went for a little hike, and Hunter decided to climb up this little mountain.  If you can't tell those rocks are loose and it was pretty slippery but he went up it no prob!
 He was pretty proud of himself for making it up it with no help!
 Then Ben followed with Aspen in tow.  She looks like she loves it right?!?!  Well that was posing for the picture before I told her to smile so I could take a picture she looked like this:
Absolutely terrified!!  I did manage to get up it too (with a little help from Ben) and I couldn't believe I was already feeling a difference from being pregnant!!  (Yes by the way we finally were pregnant!!)  It really wasn't much of a hike but I could feel that my body was having a rougher time than it should have.  Oh well, at least we finally were on the way to baby #3!

I also got a call from Bishop this month.  He called and asked if Ben was home when I said No he asked when he was going to be home, when I told him he was gone on a hunting trip, he asked if he could still come talk to me.  For the like 10 min it took him to come over there were a million thoughts going through my head, our primary president was moving (I knew this because I was her secretary) so I did wonder if it was maybe that, but I also wondered if he was calling for something for Ben since he was asking when he would be there.  It's amazing how fast and crazy a brain can move!!  When he came he at first just chatted with me and the kids, then he extended my new call...... wait for it..... yep one of my crazy guesses was right!  He called me to be Primary President, and while he was talking to me about it I was thinking "do I tell him I'm pregnant and see if he still wants to call me????"  But he did mention a couple of times that him and both of his counselors had had the feeling that I was the one for the job.  With how confident he sounded I decided to keep my pregnancy a secret since it didn't sound like it would change anything and we like to wait til at least the first doc appointment before we tell anyone too.  It was pretty overwhelming thinking of being the Primary President!!  So then over the next couple of weeks I went to work praying and pondering until I finally had my counselors and secretary called and ready to work with me.  They are some amazing ladies and this journey will also continue in the next posts. 

No comments: