This primary program was Hunter's 2nd and he sat up there a lot better than the year before! This year since I was the president and not just the secretary I was up on the stand too. We had practiced with him his line (I can be honest, or something close to that, I can't remember for sure) but when he got up there he had to have my counselor tell him what to say. I still don't think he did much singing either, but he definitely did better with it than the year before!
Well on to some cute pics of my kiddos:
This was how Aspen decided it would be best to clean up toys! She was cracking me up!
This is where I found her one morning after I got out of the shower, sitting on the counter eating chips and candy! She is a candy-holic! I swear she can sniff it out!
First time in underwear!! This attempt didn't last long! She kept having accidents every half hour or so and would come running through the house to find me, screaming about it, with a trail of pee left behind her. I don't handle those kinds of messes very well... So we only tried for a couple times then went for pull-ups instead. Ya... I'm a terrible potty trainer!
I had my first doc appointment and we were 11 weeks so we decided it was time to let people know we were expecting! We sat the kids down and handed them these papers and proceeded to take pictures of them while we told them about them:
This is when we were reading the papers to them, Hunter was like ya I'm getting even bigger, and Aspen with her recent attempt at underwear thought that's why she was a big sister, Haha!
This is after we explained what they meant! I think they look pretty excited!
Then to tell our families we took them over some cookies and an envelope that said "Guess what's cooking in our oven?!" then the collage above was inside.
The next day I realized I had taken all the pictures on my camera and I needed one on my phone so I could text it to the family that lived out of town, so they got to pose for me again.
There is a group of us stay at home moms that get together either for park days or at someones house to learn something new every Monday. I was way excited for this week because one of the moms her mom owns a bakery so she was having us decorate cupcakes with fondant! Kira has done fondant and after I made Hunter's dog birthday cake I called her and told her I needed her to show me how to use fondant because his frosting was melting off him and he would have been way cuter with fondant! So even though I knew Ben was going to be home that day (it was Columbus Day and he just had to do rounds then was going to be home) I still went! I couldn't miss my opportunity to learn to use fondant! I had a blast! Her and her mom rolled out the fondant so really all we did was put it on our cupcakes, then we got to help with all but the baking of the cake pops, which were not fondant, they were dipped in white chocolate, then drizzled with it. I'm sure I probably drove her and her mom crazy, I wouldn't stop asking questions! The black on my cupcake mummy's eyes hadn't dried yet so it smeared all over him when I put it in a bag to bring home, but I think they turned out way cute!
This was how Ben decided to shave his hunting beard after the hunts! Can you tell who he is???? Wolverine! This was pretty funny, luckily his beard grows in pretty fast, so this only lasted about a week, then it was trimmed back to normal.
For Hunter's Headstart preschool there are parent officers, ya somehow I ended up getting put in as the secretary. It all happened kind of fast, I can't even remember who nominated me then all of a sudden it was getting seconded!! I really wanted to get to be involved in his school so I accepted, and at that time nobody (except his teacher, since his teacher is Dixie) knew I had just been called to be the Primary President, and I don't think many of them knew I was pregnant either! It definitely became pretty busy between all three of those things!
For the October parent meeting (we had to plan one for every month) we went to the local Pumpkin Patch/Corn maze. When you get there you had to park along the road then walk down to get tickets, then they had a trailer hooked up to a tractor that would take you to it. This is Hunter and Dixie on the trailer.
Aspen was scared to death! She was not wanting to get on the trailer and had been crying until it started moving! She liked it a lot better on the way home, when she knew it wasn't scary!
The headless horseman would ride along the side of the trailer to guide you in.
They had all the animals right where they dropped us off so that you could pet and feed them.
I've always been curious what a pig felt like, I finally got to find out!
They had this hay tower, Hunter loved climbing to the top of it!
Then they had a kids hay maze as well as the larger corn maze.
The kids had a blast, then we even got to pick out a pumpkin from there pumpkin patch! I'm pretty sure they had more people come than they had expected (it was their first year doing it) because most of the pumpkins had been picked so it looked like they had gone and bought some from the store and just set them out in the pumpkin patch so you could still go pick one.
Cute purple frosting mustache! For one of my duties as Primary Pres. I went to the 11 year old scouts Tuesday activity, and since Ben's calling is in the Priest group I had our cute kiddos with me. Lucky for them the Young Women were decorating cookies that night so they both ended up getting one!
Practicing for her Halloween costume, this isn't how it ended up looking, but can you guess who she is?
Hunter made sure I took a picture of this rainbow! It was very pretty and very clear!
And this cute little thing slept through seeing the rainbow!
Halloween day arrived, and Princess Leia was ready to go!
We went to the library's Halloween party in the morning, with Tucker and Brandi.
Then in the afternoon we quickly carved our pumpkins!
I love the faces every year as they first go to pull out the insides of the pumpkins!
Mom I found a seed!!
I'll pose for a picture...
but this is what I really think about it!
Here is Aspen's completed pink angry bird!
And Hunter's trio of angry birds!
Hunter's preschool wasn't allowed to do any holiday things this year, so instead they had a pajama party!
I think they turned out way cute!
Leia and Vader ready to get some candy!!!
I thought she was too cute with her guns! They looked huge in her hands!
Family picture complete with Darth Maul, Vader, Padme and Leia! Can you tell I was already getting a little baby belly?! Ben's brother took like 10 pictures and this one turned out best...
Most of them Aspen looked like this, she kept blowing raspberries at Cason!
She was definitely doing a lot better with Ben this night! When his costume first got here she was terrified of it! Even when she watched him put it on she was absolutely terrified! When he first put it on I was going to the bathroom and she backed into the room shaking and backed into the little space in between me on the toilet and the wall! I had to have Ben shut the bathroom door just so that I could convince her to come out so I could even wipe! It took a lot of working with her for her to finally be ok with that mask!
They made it through the night!
This was my hair at the end of the night. It didn't turn out as good as I had hoped but close enough to the movie. I had to keep re-pinning a couple of the pieces throughout the night!
Haha, I thought her hair was awesome when we took it out! Happy Halloween!!


No comments:
Post a Comment