Sunday, February 8, 2015

Nov-Dec 2013

Let's start this post off with a bang!  What does this look like to you?!?!
When I turned and saw him like this it gave me a start!  How in the world did he manage that!!!  We were at our friends house playing games and he had been eating a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie that we had brought and we told him he had to stay in the kitchen with it.  He wanted to still be able to see the movie so sat just barely in the kitchen!  I don't know how he managed to drop and squish it so much right there, but man was I glad when I realized that was what it was!!  I still crack up about it every time I see this picture!
We had a birthday party for my dad in Kanab!  Kira made him a cute cowboy hat cake, and all the grandkids loved helping grandpa with the candles!  I love how excited Talee looks in this!
Hunter had his first field trip with Head Start.  They went to a park in Cedar, they encouraged parents to come to it, so me and a couple of the other moms drove up with them (in my friends vehicle, parents can't go on the bus.)  The park was really cool!  But I think Hunter's favorite part was riding on the bus!




This was right after we ate lunch!  Aspen and the younger kids of the other moms that went were also there, there was a bridge at one part, Aspen was terrified of it!  I had to hold her hand or she would completely freeze!  It was pretty wiggly but it had walls on the sides of it, so I didn't think it would be scary since you couldn't see down but the movement was too much for her!
Our 1 picture of Thanksgiving!  Brandi brought stuff for us all to play turkey tag!  If I remember right I think she said cooper made the game up.  It was kind of like flag football meets freeze tag.  They would call out a color and that was the flag you had to try to grab, my kids were hilarious!  Hunter would get so mad if someone would grab his, and Aspen thought it was pretty and would cry because they were ruining it!  Finally we had to just put her on the tramp so she could keep all her flags!

Time to play in the snow!!!
We only really got this one snow storm this winter, but it was an awesome one!!
They loved it!
Ben was gone playing in a softball tournament (which ended up getting cancelled early because of the snow) so me and the kids made us a snowman!  And my prego belly was already starting to make it harder, I huffed and puffed a bit, but we rarely get snow here so I was not going to let it be wasted!!
This was how Aspen was for most of the snowman making...
She loved eating the snow!!
Hear he is!  Ben's mom gave us this snowman kit before we even had kids and this was the first time we got to use it!  Are you impressed that I still knew where it was after all those years???  The kit was missing something though...
Arms!!  There is a tree in the empty lot behind our house that has been dead since we moved in and it finally blew over a few weeks before this, so we hiked down through the rockiness and broke of the perfect snowman arms from the fallen tree!  If it hadn't just fallen I don't think we would have been able to find arms for him, there's mostly just tumble weeds around us!
If you look closely at the 2 pictures of our snowman you can tell his head looks different, I went to do something and turn back around and Hunter had knocked our snowman over!  I was so annoyed!  So after having a talk with Hunter, we re-built our snowman, and this time Hunter decided it needed some ears!  Later that day someone threw a snowball at our living room window, I just ignored it but then when we went outside a little later someone had knocked our snowman over!  Grrrr.  I really wish kids had more respect for other peoples stuff!  In this snow storm our neighbors also built a huge snow fort!  So huge in fact that several of the husbands had to help build it!
I thought this was hilarious!  It only took a few days for our snowman to look like this, and you can still totally tell what he was!  At least when the kids knocked him over they left all the pieces so we still have our snowman kit ready and waiting for the next big snow storm!
Getting our Christmas Trees this year was a lot colder than usual!
This was us waiting on the snowy hillside waiting for Ben to return with the chain saw.
Cutting it down!
And our frozen kids getting warm back in the truck!
This was the best we could get for our usual family with the tree right after we cut it down, the kids are peaking out of the truck.  We ended up not being able to go with the family this year so it was just us.  We got Joslyn's tree for her though, she hadn't been able to go with the family either.
The lights got put on...
Then a couple days later we decorated it.
Both of our kids have done this at this age, hang all of their decorations in the same exact spot and usually on the lights not on the actual tree, haha I love it!
I had to show her cute ruffle bum!
I loved her ranch stache!
And in our house you can't take a picture of just one of the kids!
At the ward Christmas party Hunter got in to see Santa before we were even in the room!  So no picture of him with Santa but here he is right after.  The primary did a little program after the dinner, and we had the ones that weren't a part of the nativity wear those choir collar things.  Most of the kids gave theirs back after but Hunter thinks he needs to keep everything!  So it stayed at our house for several months until it got destroyed, then I had to sneak it into the trash.
Aspen with Santa at the ward party, she looked a little nervous.
She did a little better with Santa at the library though!  We had her friend Suzy with us when we went to the library and this "helper" happened to be Suzy's grandpa!  I was a little panicked when I realized it, but when I told her mom she was smart and tells her kids that grandpa is a helper for Santa, so it was no worry of her realizing what was going on!  Phew!  That could have been bad!
We had Derrick for Christmas and this is what I decided to do for their kids.
I wasn't sure if Casey and Sophie were too old for hooded towels so I just did their names.
Then did this cute hooded one for Jack.
We made these cute Christmas presents for all the kids in Hunter's preschool.  He went through and wrote his and their names on ever single one!  Me and him painted the faces on with frosting while Aspen was napping, and he picked out which marshmallow he thought each kid would like!!  It was pretty cute!
We love hooded towels at our house and I get them one most Christmas's this year though since I was making Derrick's kids theirs I decided to make our kids one too.  This is Hunter's Angry Bird.
And here is Aspen's.  I think they turned out pretty cute!
Christmas Eve!
Time to open jammies!


This was what they woke up to!
They both got new fishing poles, bikes, and sleeping bags.
I think she's excited!


They loved and still love their bikes!
Opening stockings.
They both always want to play cards with us so Santa gave them each their own cards in their stockings.
The floor has disappeared!

Cutest Angry Birds I've ever seen!
Ben opening the tie the kids picked out for him.
The tree looks so sad without all the presents under it!
This seems to be the only picture I have of opening presents at Ben's parents!  Not surprising at all that Aspen is in her candy already!
We headed over to Kanab after our quick stop at Ben's parents.
I think Hunter looks tired in this!  A long busy day!  Here you can see baby #3 is starting to show!
These are their new jammies from my mom, they love them!!!
Hunter showing that it even has a cape, I love that his toosh is pooched out!!
We had a pretty calm New Year's, we put the kids to bed like normal, then Tyler came over and the 3 of us watched a marathon of Studio C, we were so distracted by the show that we missed it even turning into the new year!  That's it for 2013!  It was a great year!

No comments: