Friday, September 30, 2011

Birthday Cakes!!

At Hunter's party Ben's brother asked who made Hunter's cake, which kind of surprised me that he would ask considering his other 2 birthday cakes. Then I remembered he had been on his mission for both of those, so I jumped on here to show him what his other ones looked like. I hadn't ever posted either of them! I was shocked and I thought both of them were so much fun that I had to share so here are pics of all of his cakes:


Birthday cake number 1, and really my first attempt at ever even making a cake that wasn't shaped like a 13 x 9 pan!



As I was finding these pics I just thought it was so cute to see how he changed over a year so you get to see a pic of him with his cakes! He was SO cute! And still is!


Number 2. Can you tell who this is?


How about now? To this day if he sees a picture of this he still gets really excited!



Just one year ago he was trying to blow the candles out by waving his hand at them! Look between his face and hand, you can see the streaks from him waving his hand while I was taking the pic! This year he blew them out like a champ!



And here is this years! I had a really fun time with it, and right when his cousins walked in the door he immediately took them to the fridge to show it to them! It made me pretty happy to see him so excited about it. It took quite a bit longer than I thought it would so I ended up not ever getting ready for the day as you might have notice from my last post :)



I don't know if you noticed but all of these cakes had the frosting with the colored chip things in it. It's my favorite frosting and the only kind that Ben will eat, but I tell you what, it is a pain to try and get the stuff through cake decorating tips!! The red frosting for the track was the kind you get in a tube but everything else is that frosting, I think next year I might just go with vanilla cuz it's been really hard to deal with that frosting every year! They do always taste good though!

1 comment:

Jaylene said...

Those are all so good, maybe I will have to hire you to do my kids cakes, Ive gotten LAZY in the cake department lately!! :)