The kids went to bed at 9, Ben at 11, so why am I still up??? Working. Story of my life. I love that I get to be at home with the kids all day but it really does suck to have to take up my nights (which should be my "me" time) to do work. I do enjoy my work but some nights would just much rather spend it doing something else, like read my book or watch a movie (that's not a kid movie and without interruptions.) Tonight was one of those nights that I just struggled to get the ambitions to work, but I finally got on at 10 and started to work...
Don't give up on me yet there is a funny story not just crazy ramblings.
So like I said Ben went to bed at 11. Well about 11:40 I heard some creaking that sounded awfully like a door opening, I knew it wasn't Hunter's since his room is right next to ours, so of course I started imagining the wort. My bedroom door was open and you can see most of the hallway from my computer desk, so I was just waiting for something to jump at me, then I calmed down and brought my attention back to work. A few minutes later I hear it again. Let's just pause to say I'm a chicken. Especially when Ben is home and can protect me, so why do I need to be brave? So what do I do, I woke him up and had him check it out.
He had left the door to the garage open when he had been in there just a mere 40 min before, so it had been creaking as the wind blew outside.
So he solved my problem and collapsed on the bed. Did I mention that he has to get up at like 5? Well at about 12:15 the biggest spider I have ever seen (besides at a pet store) starts climbing up my wall!!!! For those of you who don't know I am scared to death of spiders, I can't even hardly look at them in a book, let alone touch the picture. Well I stared at if for a minute trying to decide if I should trap it under a cup (to save for Ben to take care of in the morning) and ended up deciding it was too big to fit under a cup without chopping some legs off, and he was on the wall anyways so too complicated. So... yet again, I woke Ben up. It took some convincing to get him out of bed this time. He tried to convince me he would kill it in the morning, right like I'm stupid. I let him know that it would eat me before morning! So as he stood up he mumbled something that sounded like "I hate my life" or was it "wife," I really can't be sure. But he did come to the rescue! He hit it with a magazine and flushed it. He had to hit it like 10-15 times since it was so big! It really took that many, I was watching... he never missed. That there tells you how justified I was in waking him up, it was like the anaconda of house spiders! Well I could only get my attention back to work for a few more minutes, then decided I better turn the lights off so he could get some real sleep and I can't see my papers for work without the light! So now he just has to sleep with the sound of typing :)
I really think it was "life" not "wife" hmmm I'm not sure which is better?????
(Oh and FYI I will get some updates on here soon, I lost my camera and we can't find the cord to Ben's to load the pics to the computer, weird that they are the same brand of camera's and my cord doesn't fit his. We have had a ton happen recently but I just don't fell ok with doing the posts without the pics to go with, so soon there should be some real posts!)
Father Figures
12 years ago

1 comment:
This post is awesome :) I love it. It made me laugh. And I love that Im not the only one who occasionally says I hate my wife/life ;)
Post a Comment