Sunday, November 6, 2011

Eavesdropping

I know I probably should be doing a post about Halloween but I heard a few conversations today that I just wanted to remember, don't worry though you will get to see our costumes and our awesome pumpkins soon!
Today I was getting ready for church in the bathroom, Ben comes in jumps in the shower, and of course Hunter follows. I still have felt fine with Hunter being in the room when I shower, but after today that may have to change.... Hunter looked at Ben in the shower then says, "Dad you have hair on your wiener!" I about died trying to hold my laughter in! Then he turns around and informs me of his new discovery. Then tells me he doesn't have hair on his and whips it out to show me! Then asks to see mine! Oh the things going through my head!! First thing "Crap he is about to go to church, so hopefully he doesn't go whipping his man parts out to show everyone in nursery that he doesn't have hair on his" Second "Great now I have to explain about the difference between boys and girls!" Third "Now he for sure can't have baths with Aspen anymore" I'm sure their were about a million other thoughts too. After processing for a minute I gave my response of "I don't have a wiener" Hunter "Oh" Me "And yep daddy has hair and you don't." Hunter "Ya!" Me "Make sure you only ever show your privates to mom and dad ok?" Hunter "Ok" And that was it he was done and moving on to picking out what shoes I was going to wear!
The other funny conversation was only a few minutes later when Ben went to get Aspen dressed. I was still in the bathroom getting ready and hear "Dad, here's Aspen's bummy thing" Ben's response: "That's her underwear." I'm sure your thinking what is a 7 month old baby doing wearing underwear? Well I guess bloomers do kind of look like underwear and yep they go on her bummy :)
And just a couple quick updates. Hunter is totally in a my mommy said this phase, the best example was a few nights ago my parents came over and brought dinner with them. Hunter wasn't eating very good and had asked me if he could have candy and I told him not unless he ate his dinner. A little while after that my dad was eating some candy and went and handed Hunter a pieces, and what did Hunter do.... He chucked it across the room and said "My mommy say no! I need to eat my dinners!" It was so funny! None of us could help laughing that time.
Aspen had her shots on Tuesday, they had to do 3. The first one she didn't even cry! The next 2 she did but as soon as she had her bandaids on and I stood her up she was fine and didn't cry again! She didn't even act like they bugged at all! She's a tough little girl! She also finally broke her 2nd tooth, I noticed it on Thursday. We could see it trying to come ever since her first one broke though so it's been pretty sad. Her one lone tooth was far enough in that you could totally see it, I though it looked pretty funny all by itself.
Well hopefully tomorrow I will get our Halloween adventures on here, I've been meaning to since that night :)

1 comment:

The Stevens Family said...

That is hilarious! I love it! lol! We explain everything to Dawson and it's so funny to see how they are just curious for a moment and then move on. I wish it was always this way where everything wasn't a big deal. haha!