Monday, November 14, 2011

See ya next year...

Mountain man! I am so excited I don't have to see him again til next year:



And SOOOOO excited to see him again:


Finally my handsome hubby has returned!! As far as mountain men go I definitely had the hottest, but I much prefer his hair cut and beard trimmed nice and short! He does dedicated hunter now so from the middle of August to the end of October (sometimes later depending on his elk tag) he grows his beard. I think I may have convinced him to cut it in between the different hunts next year. Or at least I'm hoping! It drives him crazy too. The worst part is trying to kiss him through all that hair, it felt like I was just kissing hair not lips.

This weekend I got to go to the Time Out for Women! I love it and have been going every year since I had Hunter (my sister made me go that first time, and I am so glad she did!!) There were tons and tons of talks (I don't know what else to call them) that I really enjoyed, and of course I always enjoy the music! One of my favorite parts was in Brad Wilcox's, he told about him talking to a friend that said that they were a good person so the things like going to church, reading scriptures, etc. didn't really matter as long as they were a good person. His response to the friend was that yes you are a good person but we aren't here to just be good people be are here to be better! I loved it! And so true, it is so good to be a good person but we need to continually be trying to become better. All day every day.
I think I needed a little longer "time out" though because I ended up dumping a cup of water on Hunter at dinner right after the time out cuz he was sitting their whining and not eating and it ended up just really getting on my nerves. Poor kid has a crazy mom, but at least I didn't swat him....right? Well I felt horrible after I took a breather (or rather Ben made me have a breather cuz he took Hunter in the garage to finish eating) and calmed down and did end up apologizing to him when he came in and also apologized to me (Ben had him apologize, although now I don't really know what he needed to apologize for.) Then I felt even worse when later that night he ended up throwing up, so the poor guy had reason to be whining :(
He didn't eat hardly anything yesterday but didn't throw up again until dinner, and only a tiny bit then. So today I made cream of wheat for breakfast, we both love it and I figured hopefully it would be easy on his tummy. He scarfed it down and 2 & 1/2 cinnamon toasts! So I thought yes! he's better! Well... like 20 min later he threw up a ton! Cream of wheat and toast isn't so fun to clean up. Luckily it was mostly just on my hard wood floor, he was heading out of his room and right when he got to the edge of the carpet threw up, some of it sprayed onto the carpet in my room but not much, so I was lucky that way. The rest of the day he has acted pretty normal so hopefully he is done throwing up. I don't do so well with throw up, I always gag and get close to throwing up myself. Anything but throw up doesn't really bother me poo, pee, boogers, blood bring it on! But not throw up!!!! Only for my kids though, other peoples not so good about any of them :)

On to my second favorite talk. I can't remember who the speaker was, I was out of the room with Aspen when she got on stage, so didn't hear her name. But she told a story (I think it was of a friend but not sure since I wasn't in there when she started) about a boy that was struggling with choices in his life and totally going down the wrong path. His mom prayed to find out what she could do for him and felt that she needed to tell him that she loved him. She felt like she couldn't to his face so ended up going to his room every night when she thought he was asleep and then would tell him she loved him. Well he ended up changing his life and going on a mission and it wasn't til sometime after his mission that she found out that was why he changed his life around. He had actually been awake every night and waited for her to come tell him she loved him before he would fall asleep!
I can't go to sleep unless I have checked on my kids, even if Ben has checked on them I have to actually go and make sure they are tucked in and breathing (again I'm crazy) or I just can't sleep very well. My brother in law ended up watching Hunter so I could go to the Friday part of the Time Out (Ben had a softball tournament) and by the time we got back he had him asleep in his old room (when my sister watched him while I was working in the afternoons she had a porta crib under the stairs the he would always take his naps in, so he has claimed that as his room at her house.) So my sister said to just leave him, but before I could I had to go check on him and even then it was kind of hard to leave him, but so much nicer than trying to get him back to sleep at home! So Saturday night when I went to check on him like I always do I decided I would tell him I loved him too (I tell him all the time and it totally annoys him how often I tell him.) I got a little surprise, he said I love you back! I had totally thought he was asleep and just barely whispered it but he heard and actually said it back! It made me so happy! And you can bet that he will get whispered I love you's from here on out!
There were tons of other great talks but these 2 were my favorite and hit home the most. If you haven't ever been to a Time Out I definitely recommend them, they are very uplifting!

2 comments:

Jaylene said...

I love this post, so true that the beards for hunting season arent always fun. :) And Thanks so much for letting me tag along at the Time-Out, I had a great time and there were so many things said that I needed to hear. I only cried a few times ;), one of which was during the 2nd talk you were talking about. So good!!

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

I want to go with you next year.

My older brother looks like a moron for 4 months out of the year.