I realized a few days ago that I am thankful for.... drum roll please.... my inability to throw things away! I bet you never saw that one coming :) I was getting ready the other day, blow drying my hair and all of a sudden my blow dryer just stopped working. Luckily I had my old blow dryer that I hadn't thrown away yet even though it would sometimes send sparks at me. And several weeks ago my flat iron just wouldn't turn on and luckily I still had my old one that would only sometimes randomly decide to turn on. Yep. I kept those broken things even after I got new ones. Lucky for me! The most annoying thing is that I haven't had my new blow dryer or flat iron for very long! They really just don't make things like they used to! My parents still have the washing machine that they got when they got married. That's like 33 years ago!!! The dryer did die on them like 10-15 years ago but that is still a long time too!
When I go in our basement (it's unfinished) sometimes I really hate my inability to throw things away. We still have TONS of boxes that we haven't unpacked. Most of them I don't know what is in them. One of them I do know what's in it.... it has my old shoes. I know one of the pairs in it is broken. I tried to fix them several times and none of my fixes lasted. But yet I still refused to thrown them away. And honestly I have no idea what any of the other shoes are, but it's a big box. Someday it will be taken to the DI, with the exception of the broken ones. Don't worry I'm not thinking of still keeping them, they will go in the trash.
Ben just walked by and asked me if I was writing a novel. I realized I've been rambling on about nothing. If you read my crazy nothings I hope you at least laughed :)
Father Figures
12 years ago

1 comment:
This seriously makes me laugh cause I always save EVERYTHING for just that reason, what if I need it later!? :) But lately after having to clean out an entire room, its become a curse to have to sort though so much crap! Hopefully you never have to go thru that :)
Post a Comment