Because today I felt like doing this:
And yes also to my son.
I haven't done a good cleaning of my bathroom since the Halloween hairspray incident. I have cleaned like the toilet one day then the tub a few days later, you get the picture. But since then I haven't been able to do a full cleaning of the bathroom. Well today I was determined that today was the day that it was finally going to get fully cleaned! And it did but I'm not so sure it was worth it.... Hunter and Aspen have been playing pretty good now and she's getting older to where I figured she would be fine for a little bit with him. Well she was kind of tired (she woke up at like 6 and never really went back to sleep) so she wasn't too happy when I left her in Hunter's room. But I got her some different toys and she was alright so I figured I would just try to hurry and she would be fine.
Well since it hadn't had a thorough cleaning for a while, it kinda took a while. More of the red had settled so I ended up just throwing away 2 rags that were just covered in red. I also went through 3 different cleaners, 1 was almost gone, 1 was for tough soap scum, and 1 was just the normal one I use if I stay on top of cleaning. Well I was on the tub, which I do last, and working with the tough soap scum stuff when Aspen starts crying even louder. So I yell to Hunter to have him come to me and ask what is going on. He of course wouldn't tell me, but as I was trying to get him to tell me I realized that her cries were kind of muffled. So of course I ran to his room! Which luckily I had rubber gloves on and could just rip them off and not worry about cleaner all over my hands. Which this was amazing that I had them on, I never use them. I think I have 1 other time and that's it. So why I chose today to wear them I don't know. Maybe Heavenly Father new it was going to be a rough cleaning so let me know I should have them on for just this situation. Hunter had put his blanket over her head. I think he must have put it on her and then she tipped over because she couldn't hardly move, it was so wrapped around her. Poor girl. Well what does a good mom do? Probably stop cleaning and take care of the kids. What does this mom do? Shows her son what it was like to be Aspen stuck under the blanket. Well he didn't like that very much, and I explained to him that Aspen didn't like it either and that it was really scary for her cuz she doesn't know how to get it off.
After that I went back to cleaning. I was almost done, just the tub left. Well just a little bit later I hear her muffled crying again. When I get in the room he had wrapped her up in his play mat! It's a rug that has Lightning McQueen and tracks on it. So again what does this mom do? Shows her son again what that was like for his sister. He didn't like that either. So I explained that it was the same as the blanket, don't do it!!
I like to do the cleaning during the day so that I can shower right after. It gets me cleaned off and does a final rinse of the tub before the kids take their baths so they don't get any left over cleaner on them. I may have to rethink my cleaning though. I use bedtime and nap time for either work or reading. But I think after today I'm going to have give up a little of my reading time. It was a bit of a rough morning for little miss Aspen. But other than my "teaching" Hunter nobody got strangled... yet.


1 comment:
Hehehe :) I love your posts, they crack me up! I feel like Homer every day!!!
Post a Comment