We have finally gotten internet at our house! It has been a huge pain, first they came to set it up at the beginning of the month and we found out that for some odd reason when all our other electrical wires were run our one for internet wasn't. So Ben ended up having to dig a trench so they could come lay the wire... when the first guy came to lay the wire he apparently put in someone else's trench. I think he thought we were just building our house or something, we have a neighbor building a house right now so I'm guessing they probably got the wire in one of their trenches. Luckily when the other guy came to turn the connection on he had wire on his truck and laid it at the same time. After that we still couldn't get the internet to work inside... after me struggling to figure it out I finally sucked up my pride and called technical support. It turned out we bought the wrong kind of modem, which we can't find the receipt to so they won't let us return or exchange it...bummer! Last night we went and bought the right kind of modem.... and it still wouldn't work, so I ended up having to call technical support again! Which was a total waste of time, after being on the phone doing a bunch of stuff to my computer for 45 minutes the tech told me our computer was broken and I needed to take it in. His reasoning for it was that our IP address wasn't showing up, which I was really mad about because it had showed up the day before when we had the wrong modem, after 45 min I was too annoyed to argue so just said thanks and I would get it fixed. I was telling Ben about it and told him that I thought there was a problem with our ethernet connection cuz on the 1st modem I couldn't get it to work with that I had to do the USB. He of course stated the obvious solution... to hook the new one up with the USB. Since it didn't come with a USB cable I hadn't even noticed the new one had that option! So this morning I took the USB cable from the 1st modem and used it to hook up this one... and wouldn't you know it it worked!!!! So in the end after several hours of frustration and buying a $65.00 modem just to use the USB cable out of it's box since no one would take it back, we finally have internet! It better be worth it!! Now that we finally have internet at home I hope to keep this more up to date, I have some really cute pics of Hunter that I have been wanting to post, so look for those in the future... today I think I need a rest from the computer!
1 comment:
hey! so good to see you on here, especially after all the hard work! :) sounds like what we went thru to get our tivo working. it has ended up being worth it, so i hope this pays off for you!!
Post a Comment