Tuesday, February 28, 2012

In between Christmas and our Anniversary

These are not really in much of an order.  But it's basically all that went on in between Christmas and our anniversary, it's all just everyday stuff but it was a fun month and a half!  And as I was putting them all in here realized that I have way more of Aspen then Hunter :(  She is starting to get to that fun stage where she is discovering everything, so I guess that means more pics!



Sporting her tights hat on New Years.  This is my only picture of New Year's.  I think I must just get too caught up in the holidays since I only had one for Thanksgiving too, and only really got Christmas pictures at our house not much at the Grandparents houses. 
We spent New Years in Kanab with my family.  It was a great weekend except for one set back.  Hunter decided he wasn't even going to go number 2 in the potty anymore :(  I don't know if you will remember but he was always going number 2 in the potty, very rarely number 1 but hadn't had a number 2 accident in months.  It was so frustrating from the time we got to Kanab he started going in his pull ups and it was like 3 times a day!  We barely had enough pull ups to get us through the weekend.  I was hoping that it was just since we weren't home, but nope it continued when we got home.  Finally after a week or 2 of changing big poopy pull ups I found a solution.  You are going to think I'm crazy when I tell you this but it amazing worked.  I went and grabbed a pair of underwear had him put them on and told him he was not going to go poo or pee in them he was going to do it in the potty.  I really didn't think it was going to work I was just so frustrated that I needed to do something and I was just hoping that when he went in the underwear he wouldn't like how it felt and start trying again.  But he didn't have one number 2 accident until just a few days ago and it was kind of our fault, I'll tell ya more when I do that post.  He even started doing really good with peeing in the potty.  He still occasionally has accidents, especially if he is playing a game and doesn't want to stop, but I feel like he was doing pretty decent.  (Yes was, the past few days he has had quite a few accidents.)


Aspen grabbed Hunter's apple off the table and went to town on it!



We had some fun trips to the park.  Can you tell she loved the swings!


Surprise. Surprise.  Hunter even picks his nose while swinging!  No wonder he wanted the baby swing instead of the big kid swing.  We can not get him to keep his finger out of his nose.  I think half the time he's just doing it for something to do with his hands!  The turkey has caused himself to have bloody noses more times than I can count!


I think she thought I was taking too long getting ready or something!  I came out of the bathroom and found her half under the computer chair.


You always have to document the first time they eat an oreo!  I think she was pretty happy with her new found favorite treat!


Of course she was bound to get messier than the first picture.


She looked at her hands, saw they were all messy and I guess this is what she figured you're supposed to do with messy hands!


My belly is too full! Stop taking pictures!


We got a new table finally!  Our other table had one of the chairs legs broken so only 3 chairs, and with Aspen sitting on top of it in her bumbo she could reach every bodies plates.  It was definitely time for a bigger table!  It has a leaf in the middle so it can be even longer and we have 8 chairs total.  It also matches our kitchen really well.


I think the kids really like it too!  Hunter has already put some pretty deep scratches in it.  I was not a happy mom.  We had some Menchie's (a frozen yogurt place) spoons that he likes to use and the top of them are apparently sharp enough to gouge my table.  He doesn't get to use those spoons anymore.  He did it twice, the first time I didn't see when he did it so didn't know how he had done it.  Luckily you can't really see it unless the light hits it but you can sure feel them.


Aspen figured out where there were some binkis within her reach.  She started crawling just shortly after Christmas.  Or I guess you might call it scooting.  She will have one leg up or her foot and the other on her knee.  The last couple weeks she has started to sometimes crawl on her knees but she can move faster the other way so will usually cruise around like that.  Oh and one of her favorite things to do is go under the kitchen table to try to find a snack.


Success! She found the binki!


For Christmas Ben got me a bike and a trailer for the kids.  They love to go on rides!  For the Superbowl we loaded our snacks up in the trailer with the kids and rode to Ben's parents house.  It was fun but definitely wore me out.  The bike Ben originally got me was a Black Friday one and when we put it together it felt like it was falling apart, so we ended up taking it back and combined that money with Christmas money we got and got me a very nice one.  So of course Ben needed to get him a nicer one too.  So we knew tax money was coming so we ended up getting him a new bike too.  We are all set for many rides to come!


Hunter will usually ride his own bike.  Me, him and Aspen went for a ride the other day and I pushed him farther than he had gone before and he did great!


Aspen kept going in and out of sleep the whole time.  Just a few seconds before this picture she had been awake.


We finally cleaned out our basement.  We've only been here 3 years now, I guess it was about time to unpack something besides just the necessities :)  We ended up filling up both our huge trash cans (the ones the trash people pick up) full of stuff that we have no idea why we saved!  And we took several boxes and bags worth of stuff to the D.I.  Can you tell Hunter was loving going through everything?  He kept finding all kinds of treasures :)


We spent a good part of a Saturday with Ben while he was on call and got called out to work.  Hunter climbed to the top of this "mountain" which is actually one of their tanks.


The kids always love bath time and up until Aspen could scoot around Hunter always claimed the spot by the faucet.  Now that she can move she is always trying to get in there to play with the water too.


Aspen got her 3rd tooth shortly after Christmas (I think that's why she had a snotty nose on Christmas, she was teething.)  She didn't get her 4th tooth until about a week or 2 ago.  So the one top tooth was pretty much all the way in!  It looked so funny!  I was waiting for that one to come in so long that I didn't even notice that she was getting a tooth on the bottom too!  The day she finally got the other top tooth she also had a third bottom tooth.  So I'm not really sure which one was #4 and which was #5.


She loves to eat real food now.  I call her my little piggy cuz she will scarf down just about anything I put in front of her and usually won't stop til I stop giving her food!  Then when I set her on the ground and she heads under the table to try to get whatever she dropped!  There are some meals that she eats more than Hunter!  I have no idea how she is so little!  She must have her daddy's genes or something!


This day she had wiped her messy hands all over in her hair.  So I had to wash her whole head with the rag and this is how she looked after she got all cleaned up!


And one of her most recent past times is to yank the dish towel of the oven so she can talk to and kiss (I wasn't fast enough to get a picture of her kissing) the baby in the oven!!

No comments: