Sunday, February 5, 2012

Now We Know Why...

I still can't get the pictures to load.. grrrr. I pic the picture then hit the upload image button and it looks like it's going then the gray lines stop going around the circle and it just sits there. Dumb. But I did learn something today.... This is quite embarrassing to put on here, so don't laugh... too hard anyways.
So my friend, my sister and my sister in law all try continually to get me to go to Zumba with them (or really anything at the gym) and I refuse to all of them. I really hate the whole working out with a bunch of other people thing. I know that nobody else really ever looks at you but I still just feel very awkward and uncomfortable so I don't like it. I went with my sister to a kick boxing class once and it was really fun but I really just felt like a retard doing it with everyone else. Ben got me a bike for Christmas and we have P90X and Wii Fit and between those 3 I do get somewhat of a work out. Better than I used to be anyways. And I have been losing weight between that and watching my portion sizes so that's good enough for me. Ok back to what I learned, or I guess my husband and sister in law learned since I already knew it. We were at Ben's parents for the Superbowl today (by the way we rode our bikes there.) And Jos was trying to convince me to go to Zumba again. Well she ended up doing a kick and then showed us how high she could kick both of her legs. So what did I do. Yep I'm sure you guessed it, I had to do a kick to see how high I could do it too. Well the first leg was alright but it was my right leg. I really should have started with my left since it was bound to not go as high, but for some crazy reason I started with my right. So of course I had to try really hard with my left so that it wouldn't look quite as weak. I'm sure you are all seeing where this is going so I could just stop here.......

But I'm just not sure you could visualize it well enough :) I think I better mention that we were kicking towards Ben so that we could really tell how high we were kicking. Well I threw all my strength into kicking that left leg as high as I could. A little too much strength. And then landed flat on my back. With my head barely missing the wall, stool, chest, and couch. Somehow I knocked a pillow off the couch that landed on top of me though. Did I mention that it was on a hard wood floor? Too bad that pillow didn't decide to fall under me instead of on top. My butt, hip, and back wouldn't be hurting anywhere near as bad right now. Now we know why I shouldn't go to Zumba. I'm doubting Jos will ask me to go again, not now that she saw my "moves." I guess it probably would have helped a lot if I would have had shoes on, or at least taken my socks off. Stupid socks. But they are very cute. Lucky or I would consider throwing the stupid things away right now. Don't worry it's ok to laugh. I did. So hard that tears came out. Oh and did I mention that when I hit it was so hard that it knocked all the air out of me? Both ends. I'm really glad it was just us 3 in the room at the time. I'm hoping we were all laughing too hard for anybody else to have noticed that. Or maybe the crash of the landing blocked it out. Except now you all know. Oh well.
Now someone just needs to tell me why my pictures aren't wanting to load so you don't have to keep getting embarrassed for me :)

2 comments:

Jaylene said...

That is AWESOME! I am so sad that I missed it!!! ;) Im right there with you on the feelings of working out in front of people, I am exactly the same way. :)

Matt and Morgan said...

She talked me into going....Yeah, its embarrasing but I have fun laughing at myself! Haha! You totally should come and we can laugh at ourselves together! Even if we fall on our butts! Haha