Monday, February 27, 2012

They loaded!

Here is Christmas finally!!!  I think I got things mostly in order, but I did have some of the pictures loaded before they stopped letting me load, and my friend told me to update my blogger and see if that fixed my problem.  It worked!!  But you can totally tell which pictures were loaded before they are slightly different sizes. Oh well.  Here we go:


This is the only picture I had of Thanksgiving and hadn't posted it yet.  I thought it was just too cute not to share.  Everyone was gathered in the living room (I think watching the kids play Wii, I can't remember for sure since it was SO long ago) and Hunter just fell asleep.  He very rarely does that so we knew he must have had a really fun day!
Hunter hasn't figured out the whole wait in line thing (he's starting to now, his Sunbeam teachers have been teaching all the Sunbeams :) and Ben totally just left him up there thinking he would know what to do.  Nope the poor kid didn't know what was going on he kept getting in the way of all the parents taking pictures, then couldn't quite figure out why other kids were going around him to meet Santa (he had totally butted everyone in line, so they just kept going like he wasn't there.)  I felt bad for him but of course he was still just so excited and didn't seem to really notice.  Finally I got Ben to go help him.... well Ben's helping was just shoving him in front of the other kids.  What a helper.
 
 
Here he is finally getting to sit on Santa's lap!  He jumped of almost the second I put the camera down :) And I have no idea why this picture is to the left.  I could not get it to center, it says it's centered when I click on it but that sure doesn't look center to me! (This is why I hate updating things :)
This year all our weekends were busy so we ended up spur of the moment deciding to just go by a tree.  Hunter still enjoyed it, he wandered all around the different trees and kept telling us which ones he wanted.

And he loved decorating it!  He put several bulbs right close together... again.  He did that last year too.  And pretty much the same spot even.  Although this year he would put them in other spots too, just usually pretty close together.


So excited that it was all decorated!


Aspen loved holding the ornaments.  She kept throwing them and couldn't crawl yet, could only twist in circles, so she would twist and twist trying to find more to play with.


My mom brought a gingerbread house kit over.  Hunter had a blast!


The finished project.  He would talk about it almost everyday!


I searched and searched for a countdown calendar this year.  I couldn't find one that I really liked and was getting really bummed.  My mom told me I should just use baby jars and glue them together like a Christmas tree.  I told her no.  I really didn't like that idea.  Then I thought about it more and more and it grew on me.  Except I decided to just put the number of the day on each of the jars instead of making a tree out of them.  Since it was like the 9th or 10th before I even did this they weren't very cute.  But I plan on decorating them with cute Christmas paper and using them next year.  Once they are decorated I bet they will be really cute, and they fit perfectly along my counter!

 Here are the kiddos on Christmas Eve in their new jammies!



Christmas morning before the kids were up.  Ben was on call again this year so of course got up really early, did his rounds, and was back home before any of us even budged.  His coming in woke me up but not the kiddos.  I laid in bed for a while then we decided to wake them up.  It was like 8:00, and I think the wait was killing Ben.


Looking at what Santa brought.


Santa brought Hunter a choo choo train!  That's what he had asked for when he sat on his lap.  We didn't know he wanted one so had a last minute stop at Wal-Mart :)


She was so cute with this doll.  She sat there and talked to her for quite a while.


I hate this picture of me but had to put it on.  Look at how excited Hunter is for my toothbrush!


So happy!


He loved this and played with it tons!


Cheese!!

 
She totally has a snotty nose in this one but just looks so happy!
 
Well there you have it... Christmas in almost March :)

1 comment:

Jaylene said...

Yay you finally updated! :) Love it