For our anniversary we headed up north on the Wed before our anniversary. We decided to spend the first night in a hotel so that we could swim. The kids loved it! They both thought the hotel room was the coolest thing ever! Right when we walked in Hunter started telling us what bed was his and where things went, it was so funny! And Aspen kept unloading thing from the bags, crawling them into the bathroom, and throwing them in the tub! The next day we got up and headed to Hogle Zoo:
What was holding Hunter's attention?
The elephant! When we first went over to look at it I thought it was inside, then all of a sudden he came walking out to eat some hay!
I think this is one of the only pics of Ben at the zoo.
This guy was cracking me up, he was sitting there eating cardboard the whole time. His number orangutan was doing something else... his girlfriend. And she was sleeping through it. I'm glad my kids were to young to realize what was going on cuz they didn't stop the whole time we were in there. The best was when a dad came in with his kids and he sat there and stared at the orangutans!
Hunter measuring up to the gorillas.
We were watching this bird cuz we thought it's hair coming out of it's feathers was funny. Then all of a sudden it snapped at another bird and it's neck was like 6 inches long! It was so crazy!
There were several cats like this. I thought they just looked like house cats with stripes, haha.
We liked checking out his huge paws!
I was hoping he would get up and walk around but never did, he was just lounging. I guess that's what we get for going when it's cold.
I think the giraffe were Hunter's favorite. They kept licking the walls, and when Hunter saw the picture today he reminded me that one of them peed. Haha. Of all the things he remembered, although it did take it a solid 5 min to finish peeing so I guess that kind of time could stick in a 3 year olds head.
Aspen wouldn't leave her headband on. She kept pulling it around her neck so when I pushed it back up her hair was crazy and tweaking everywhere!!
This was only a couple minutes after the picture above was taken.
Hunter looked at the camels long enough for us to get this picture, then he was too busy watching the fence open and shut for workers to get in the zoo, and was done with animals after that. Good thing we were about done!
After that we went to a movie, then headed to Ben's Grandparents house where we stayed for the next 2 nights. Friday we spent most of the day at the Hunting Expo (Ben didn't know about the Hunting Expo when we got married, otherwise there is no way I would have gotten married this weekend!) Saturday we headed down to my aunts house and she watched our kids while we went to the Provo temple.
Ben of course had been to this temple before but it was new to me. It was really pretty.
After we picked up our kids we headed back to the expo to finish the last couple of rows he hadn't gotten to the day before. Then we had a Birthday dinner for Ben's mom and brothers. After the dinner we headed to our friends house where we spent the night. Sunday we just hung out at there house. It was nice to just relax after several crazy busy days. And we finally got to meet there baby girl. She was so cute! After lunch with them we headed home.
Hunter only had 2 accidents the whole time we were there, and the crazy thing was that it wasn't on our long drive there or back. He did awesome for the drive, I was really worried about it and almost put him in a pull up. Ever since that weekend though he has been having accidents pretty often. I don't know if he realized he can hold it a long time or what. But now he keeps on having accidents when he is playing games. I know it's kinda mean but if he has accidents he can't play games for the rest of the day, cuz I know what he's doing is just holding it cuz he doesn't want to pause the game. The craziest part is that I don't really let him play games for very long. Yesterday we were headed out the door for church and he peed his pants. So frustrating... he had gone like a half hour before was all. Oh well I guess we just have to play the up and down game for a while til he really fully gets it.
Well we had a great 5 day weekend and spent it with lots of family and friends. We only had our trip to the temple to ourselves but it was still a great anniversary.
For Valentine's Day Ben surprised me with chocolates and flowers. Well kind of, my brother told me about the flower part, he saw Ben buying them while he was buying his wife some. Ben also surprised me with not having scouts, so last minute we decided to run to a movie, and his sister was awesome and watched our kids on such late notice. Like it was 7:10 when I asked Ben if he realized he was late for scouts and that's when he informed me he didn't have scouts. And I said we should have gone to a movie. He said ya we should you find out if there's one that we can make it to and I will see if my sister can watch the kids. The movie started at 7:25 and it takes about 10 min to drive there from our house. His sister met us at the theater and we just switched vehicles and ran in just in time! It was a good show and the first time we've been to the movies without our kids and us together in a long time!! Thanks Jos!!

No comments:
Post a Comment